2009 DDSR Ralley sign up ** ryans official signup*** June 18-22

Started by fringefan, April 17, 2009, 06:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

Paul and Hank checking in.   We're in Grand Jct. Colorado..  1060 miles today.  The day did NOT start off well but we got it sorted and made it.   See you guys Sat!

Dustin

Quote from: The Yeti on June 17, 2009, 09:24:37 PM
Quote from: Dustin on June 17, 2009, 09:13:35 AM
Quote from: The Yeti on June 17, 2009, 09:07:04 AM
Now I'm not sure if I'll be able to come up Thurs night....I'll let you know.

Hopefully you can come out Thursday night!

Any one else have plans on coming out Thursday?? It's not a lot of fun smokin cigars and drinkin rum by yourself...   ;)

So, you gonna be there Thursday night? If you are, I can most likely make it. If not, I'll just wait 'til Friday morning.

I should be... I'm all packed up ready to go!!! My seals should be here soon and I'll be off.

Alan PM me your phone number and I'll call you when I'm leaving.

Oh and also I just got off the phone with Ryan. He's leaving early tomorrow morning. He thinks a couple of his buds will be joining him too!!

iceycold

Correct me if I am wrong here. You guys are going to camp, some will camp from the 18th thru the 22nd. And the base will be at the 'fish n fry' which is located only 5 miles south of Deadwood on Hwy. 385, which crosses the Black Hills from north to south. And from there other rides are planned. Some on like GS and DL might not necessarily be best for some of the rockier stuff.

Question.1) will all begin and end at the 'fish n fry' camp or are there others?
             2) what time is set as 'check in'?
             3) what is the ksu time?
DL1000- 07 >gone but not forgotten<
R12RT- 08
DR 650- 09
for God sake do it before 2012

Dustin

Yeti if you don't mind I'll use you sleeping mat...

Thanks
Dustin

The Yeti

Quote from: iceycold on June 18, 2009, 01:29:37 PM
Correct me if I am wrong here. You guys are going to camp, some will camp from the 18th thru the 22nd. And the base will be at the 'fish n fry' which is located only 5 miles south of Deadwood on Hwy. 385, which crosses the Black Hills from north to south. And from there other rides are planned. Some on like GS and DL might not necessarily be best for some of the rockier stuff.

You are correct, with one exception: the last day is Sunday, 6/21. AFAIK, no one is camping Sunday night.

Personally, I plan on staying away from the rockier stuff this time around....I'm planning on selling/trading my bike soon and don't want to cause any more damage than I already have.  :-\  So, if you need a partner for some "easier" riding, you can count on me.

Quote from: iceycold on June 18, 2009, 01:29:37 PM
Question.1) will all begin and end at the 'fish n fry' camp or are there others?
             2) what time is set as 'check in'?
             3) what is the ksu time?

1) Yes, Fish n Fry is our home base for this rally. No there are no other "home bases", but you're welcome to camp anywhere you'd like.
2) We play it pretty loose...looks like the first group ride won't be until late Friday morning. Will probably start earlier Saturday and Sunday mornings.
3) What the hell is a "ksu"?   ???
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

loingrader

Quote from: The Yeti on June 18, 2009, 02:41:44 PM
I'm planning on selling/trading my bike soon and don't want to cause any more damage than I already have. 

so what you got cookin yeti?

Quote from: The Yeti on June 18, 2009, 02:41:44 PM
3) What the hell is a "ksu"?   ???

kansas state university in manhattan, ks.  home of the wildcats and aggieville (lots of great bars).  went there my freshman year.  they are in central time, so take the time in the hills and add 1 hour to it.  i.e.  ksu time.

that may not be what is being discussed here though... 
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

Quote from: Dustin on June 18, 2009, 01:41:41 PM
Yeti if you don't mind I'll use you sleeping mat...

Thanks
Dustin

Went looking for the pad...couldn't find it...called the wife....she gave it to her brother a couple months ago, sorry.   :-[

The Yeti

Quote from: loingrader on June 18, 2009, 03:38:48 PM
so what you got cookin yeti?

Trying to get my hands on a 950SE  :evil ...might buy excess's, might buy a brand new one...the future is not clear yet.   ;D

Quote from: loingrader on June 18, 2009, 03:38:48 PM
kansas state university in manhattan, ks.  home of the wildcats and aggieville (lots of great bars).  went there my freshman year.  they are in central time, so take the time in the hills and add 1 hour to it.  i.e.  ksu time.

that may not be what is being discussed here though... 

Nice explanation, but somehow I don't think that was what he was reffering to.  :D

Speakin' of cookin'...how's the bun comin'? Out of the oven yet??

ScubaMoto

Quote from: fringefan on June 10, 2009, 09:55:03 PM
Great video Yeti. Anyone know if Scuba is comming down again?

Hey Guys,

I won't be making it down this time.  I've got several things I need to get taken care of before I leave on a ~4,000 mile trip to the East Coast next week.  I'll be making a triangle from ND to AR to NC and back to ND.  I'll start it off with a IBA SS1000 attempt from Bismarck, ND -> Siloam Springs, AR on my KLR.  I'm sure after that I won't regret the Sargent seat I just put on the KLR.  A couple of the highlights of the trip will be riding Deals Gap and making it to the Atlantic Coast.  Riding a loaded KLR at Deal's Gap probably won't be as much fun as Jason or Bret's Blackbirds but it should still be lots of fun.

Have fun bouncing off the rocks guys and don't break anything too expensive!!
"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2005 Kawasaki KLR650
2002 Honda Accord EX

iceycold

DL1000- 07 >gone but not forgotten<
R12RT- 08
DR 650- 09
for God sake do it before 2012

loingrader

Quote from: The Yeti on June 18, 2009, 04:00:41 PM
Speakin' of cookin'...how's the bun comin'? Out of the oven yet??

still cookin, thankfully.  her due date is july 18, but last week we thought it was coming any day.  lots of weird stuff going on. 

it's one of those situations where if i went to the rally, the baby would be born after a 30 minute labor on saturday morning.  since i'm not going, it will probaby be august 1.  i've got to play it safe, and keep the wifey company just in case.

and on another note...

kick stands up.  i like it.   ;D
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

fringefan

Congrats on the little one, hope all goes well. We missed ya but we found a new trail you might need to ride ;D

The Yeti

Quote from: Hank on June 18, 2009, 12:37:55 AM
Paul and Hank checking in.   We're in Grand Jct. Colorado..  1060 miles today.  The day did NOT start off well but we got it sorted and made it.   See you guys Sat!

Hope you guys are alright, didn't see you Sat night and everyone was wondering where you were. Keep us updated!!

Hank

Yeah we made it home.   I did send text msgs saying we weren't coming but I'm sure no one had reception.  We'll post a brief report later.   Was fun..3K miles in 4.5 days.