Bonafide Excuse for not making the June DDSR Rally!!!

Started by Crazy Uncle Larry, June 30, 2009, 11:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy Uncle Larry

Sorry we couldn't make the ride. Number Two (Aaron from Laramie) and I (Crazy Uncle Larry from Rapid City) had strict orders, upon pain of torture (take your pick-staked out over a fire ant hill, drawn and quartered, something else about very sharp blades and tender parts of the body,etc., etc., etc. You get the picture!) that we had to be ready at a moment's notice for the arrival of his/ours second son/grandson. Young William arrived around 9:51 PM on 6/19/09, so there went any chance of making a part of the rally. Spent that weekend in Laramie checking out the new baby.

Aaron and I are very hopeful about being able to attend this fall rally. If the boys out at Powersports have an opening in their schedule before then, I might just squeeze in a re-build on the ole XT 500's motor by that time. I got my fingers crossed!

Anyways, sounds like you guys had a great time. Hope to see you later in the fall. That's our story and we are sticking to it! Regarding the fall rally, middle to late-middle September works great for me. Our other son and daughter-in-law from Minneapolis are due to become parents the second week of August. And, Yes, I have mentioned to the guys about keeping in mind all upcoming rally months when involved in future parental planning with their respective wives!!!
"Let's take a look around the next bend before we turn back."-old Family motto

"Wonder where that road goes?"-2nd old Family motto

fringefan

I was wondering about you guys and congrats on the little one. It was a good time but always room for a few more.

Crazy Uncle Larry

Number Two/Aaron the ever thoughtful son, even suggested I trailer the old XT out to Laramie for a short Father's Day ride on that Sunday. He thought we could get a ride in while everyone else was passing the baby around. I asked him if he was trying to help his mother collect on my life insurance!!! I even mentioned it to my wife/his mother in passing. She looked me square in the eye and said, "You'll be so D E A D, Dead!, if you even think about it!!!" Women sure do get touchy about that stuff! So, the better part of wisdom said, "Leave the bike and trailer alone if you want to go on breathing oxygen molecules!"

We are especially excited to hear that BigDog from BigDogAdventures.com might be in the area at the time of the fall rally. We have one of his videos and Aaron had talked with him a little, by email, about some of our planned rides. Would sure like to meet him along with everyone else!

Here's to good, no great riding for the rest of the summer!

"Let's take a look around the next bend before we turn back."-old Family motto

"Wonder where that road goes?"-2nd old Family motto

fringefan

There is an old XT and another bike that both look very similar to Unclelarry's parked for sale on West Main in Rapid, you upgrading?

Number Two

Nope, not his.  I've been working on him though.  It may be up on the block before summer's out.

Sharp eye Fringe.