News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

kenda k270's

Started by loingrader, July 08, 2009, 08:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loingrader

after replacing the stock tires on my 92 klr last year with some kenda k270's, i've racked up 7500 miles on them.  at 32 psi, they handle the road pretty damn well for a knobby.  don't do any peg dragging in the corners and they will treat you pretty good on the street.  off road, they work great.  lower the psi down if you want in the soft stuff.  i leave the psi's up to help protect my rim from dents as i'm rarely needing more traction from these tires off road.  if i rode in a lot of sand, i'd drop them down to about 15psi.  the treads don't get torn off in the rocks but i noticed what looked like a few little cracks in the carcass between the knobs after serious rock riding, but they never amounted to anything and never caused any problems.

the front tire wore really weird.  at about 4000 miles the front tire was wearing normal but it was wobbling a bit on road at about 75mph.  i checked my pressure and didn't have near enough (like 10psi).  must have been like that awhile.  ever since then, the front wore off about every other knob down the center of the tread. 

just put a fresh set on.  at $100 to my door from arizonamoto.com for both tires, they are a bargain. 
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

fringefan

Run the same rear but I run a Cheng Shen in the front because it was cheaper and is supposed to be a little stiffer. Brian just picked up a set of new Michelins that look pretty nice for cheap.