Main Menu

Alan, aka The Yeti, Rapid City

Started by The Yeti, August 11, 2008, 12:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

Hi all!

Username: The Yeti
Current ride: 2006 KTM 950 Adventure
Other interests: Music, electronic gadgets, home theater, cooking & eating great food! (<---as you can see, I need to get outside more)

My name is Alan Peil (pronounced pile...yeah, like Gomer, get over it!) I'm 44 years old and am obsessed with riding. Every free minute I have, I'm in the saddle! Luckily, I live in Rapid City, right at the foot of the great Black Hills of South Dakota! Dual-sporting abounds!!

Got into dual-sporting about 2 years ago when I got my brand new 2007 KLR650, no prior dirt experience at all. Back then, I had a 2002 GL1800 as my main ride...it just wasn't doing it for me anymore. Only rode slab, and since the wife doesn't really ride with me that much, the big touring bike was kind of a waste. So, got the KLR to see how I'd like it. Needless to say, I LOVED IT!!  ;D

So, traded in the Goldwing on a new Concours 14...thought I needed a speed machine that could still tour two-up. Found out I didn't need THAT much speed and was eventually going to kill myself. Next, traded the Councours for the KTM 950A...holy crap, I just may have finally found the one bike for me!! (<---if such a thing really exists...I kinda doubt it). Sold the KLR to help pay of the KTM (still kinda regret that one).

Anyway, that's my recent bike history...glad to be here and hope to get to ride with all ya real soon!

Alan

"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Hank

Nice intro Alan.   Darn glad you're here! 

loingrader

great background alan.  i had an 05 fjr, so i see sympathize with your need for a connie.  i sold the fjr (tranny problems) and got an 02 blackbird, and she suits my supersport touring just fine.  i haven't found the "one" bike yet though.  i'm down to 3.

-bret
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

fringefan

That KTM is a nice bike. I looked at that beast a few times at Rice. Too big for what I want to do but some day I will add a bigger bike like the 800gs or the bigger one so the wife can ride along. As much as I love the KLR I have to say it is not a chick magent and not set up to haul me and the wife.

Jared

Hank