News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

TKC80 front

Started by Hank, July 17, 2009, 10:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

Just replaced with thrashed 908rr front on my nine-fiddy with a TKC80.   Wow.. do I like it so far.   It's as good as the stock Scorpion was on the road, which means much, MUCH better than the 908rr.  With limited experience off-road, I'd say it's going to be 80% as capable offroad as the 908rr was, meaning its about 100X better than the Scorpion off-road.    I read on ADV that they last a LONG time too.

On road its unreal for a knobby.     Doesn't follow grooves at all (where the 908 was awful) and it corners like a dream. I had it up to an indicated 120 this morning and it was rock steady.   I never did like the 908 on the road.  Anything over 80 on that tire felt scary.

The Yeti

Yeah, I hated the 908 on front, too. The 908 rear is great, though...lasts forever.  The 606 on front is pretty good, but I've never tried the TKC, either.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

fringefan

I like the looks of them and thought about getting a set for the KLR. I have heard they usually last about 3k on the rear.

Hank

Sounds like the rears don't last too long but some guys on ADV said 10K out of a front?  That would be nice.
Someone said they shredded a rear on a 950 in 600 mi  :o

loingrader

unless you figured out how to mount a tire made of granite, i'm guessing that a 950 could shred pretty much any tire in 600 miles if you wanted it to. 
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro