News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

back in business

Started by excess, July 20, 2009, 12:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

excess

so my backfiring issues are now behind me. Not sure i'll ever know the exact cause. I ended up with the bike apart several times. I replace every hose and nipple trying to find a vacuum leak, did valve check, cleaned the carbs god only knows how many times and replaced the spark plugs. She runs great now but i was cursing Ktm for awhile ;D. I wish Mandan was closer i would have gladly paid for the work ;D

loingrader

i spent 2 months taking the carbs off, tearing them down, cleaning them and reinstalling them in my 83 gl650.  i finally fixed whatever was wrong last week and it runs awesome.

feels damn good to finally get the bike running how it should!  i feel your pain.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

Glad you got it going.   Mine has always been pretty "crackly" on closed throttle, but I wouldn't really say its backfiring.

Good to see not everyone is abandoning the mighty KTM ship  ;D (elbow to ribs, Yeti)  ;D

fringefan

Quote from: Hank on July 20, 2009, 03:07:56 PM
Glad you got it going.   Mine has always been pretty "crackly" on closed throttle, but I wouldn't really say its backfiring.

Good to see not everyone is abandoning the mighty KTM ship  ;D (elbow to ribs, Yeti)  ;D

And you have how many bikes again? ;D

Hank

Just two.. well three if you count my drz which is for sale.   Or four if you count my XT500 but you can't because I've been parting it out and it's only 1/2 there.   ;D