Started by The Yeti, July 15, 2009, 09:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loingrader

Quote from: The Yeti on July 25, 2009, 10:07:34 PM
Might just leave the 13t on and only use the 12t during DDSR rallies!   :evil

Bars are VERY buzzy. 

The seat REALLY sucks!   

Oh yeah...did an oil change today...10 mintues!! ;D

as easily as it is to swap sprockets, this makes sense to me.

buzzy bars, 2x4 seats.  welcome to the dirt bike world my friend.

isn't easy maintenence awesome!

can't wait to ride with you this fall on your new bike. 
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

Rode the WRR for about 4 and a half hours today...and I got the monkey butt to show for it!!   :-X

I went out intending to hit that trail you (Brett) took us on last year out of Silver City.  Remember this?

There was no naps this time around!  And, when I made it to the top (I took the "easy" route) I didn't feel like my heart was gonna explode...in fact, I was barely winded.  It's amazing the difference 250 pounds makes.

I may have spoke too soon about the road-ability...I think I lost highway-ability, but the bike still rocks through the backroad twisties.  After the trails I did today, I'm keeping the 12t on...came in handy more than once.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

loingrader

Quote from: The Yeti on July 26, 2009, 10:00:46 PM
I went out intending to hit that trail you (Brett) took us on last year out of Silver City.  Remember this?

I'm keeping the 12t on...came in handy more than once.

oh yea, i remember. 

if your bike will do 60, that's all the road ability it needs for the type of riding you do.  throw the 13t back on if you want to take a road trip.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Tailgunner

The 250's are great bikes. I have a KLX and a DR. They make trail riding fun which is the reason I ride. Last time I checked riding 3 hours of slab - not fun.
The best accessory I have bought for it was a nice trailer to haul it down those 3 hours of slab. I hope you really enjoy the new bike.

The Yeti

Quote from: Tailgunner on July 27, 2009, 06:34:24 PM
The best accessory I have bought for it was a nice trailer to haul it down those 3 hours of slab.

Got a buddy of mine willing to sell me his single-bike trailer for cheap, but I got nowhere to put it...would love to have it, though.  Maybe I could store in Brian's front yard.   ;D :evil

loingrader

all you need is a reciever hitch, dirtbike mount to haul that little thing.  they work awesome, you don't have to license it or worry about tires and lights, and they don't take up much space when not in use. 

The Yeti

Quote from: loingrader on July 31, 2009, 09:35:16 PM
all you need is a reciever hitch, dirtbike mount to haul that little thing.  they work awesome, you don't have to license it or worry about tires and lights, and they don't take up much space when not in use. 

Was reading up on those at elementownersclub.com (my car), and apparently they don't recommend exceding 250lbs. on the hitch...the WRR is ~300lbs.   :-[

fringefan

I think that might be tounge weight? I could be wrong but check the towing capacity. If you haul it on a trailer the tounge weight should be very little as long as your not using a 16ft car trailer ;D

The Yeti

Yeah, that is tongue weight...Brett was talking about those bike haulers you mount right on the hitch.

The Yeti

Today
-Pilot Knob

I went up Pilot Knob today.  My first time.  All I could think was, "Holy shit!  Brian took some guy on a V-strom through this??!!"

I tried to take my 950 up there last year...had to turn around.

The WRR sailed through with flying colors!

I was a bit winded at times, and had to paddle through a couple of rocky spots...but I made it without a drop!

Tomorrow
-Camp 5   :evil

loingrader

i can't wait till the fall rally!!!

The Yeti

Today
-Camp 5

What a difference!! There were still a couple spots I had to dab/paddle my way through...but, NO drops!!  This bike almost feels like cheating.   :evil

I only went one-way, I couldn't find the trail that comes back around.  I know you can ride Camp 5 in a loop...but I couldn't find it.  I came up the backside from Galena and found a REALLY hairy downhill, maybe worse than the one behind (was it Wild Bill's?) campground.  I had to tip-toe my way down for about a 1/4 mile...was not fun at the time, but made me grin when I got down.   ;D

fringefan

Sounds like your having fun.

The Yeti

So, I've done the Silver City trail, Pilot Knob and Camp 5....tell me where there's more technical stuff to conquer, I'm out of ideas!

loingrader

where was that one suicide hill that caused me to scratch my little cream puff barbie klr and break a mirror off?  was that camp 5?  there was a pretty big hill climb that you didn't take your katoom up, and then a little farther up there was a REALLY steep hill with a rocky outcropping at the top.  flex tried it and failed, as did i.  you find that hill yeti and give it a shot on your wr.  it will give you a run for the money.  i'd love to try that thing on my kdx this fall.