Official sign up for the fall ride, Sept 17-20, 09

Started by Hank, August 09, 2009, 07:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loingrader

knock on wood, the weather looks great.  lows in the 50's, highs in the mid 70's and mostly sunny skies. 

i'll probably get to fish n fry around 1pm on friday...
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

Yeah, fingers crossed that the weather holds out!

I plan on being to the F&F mid-afternoon on Friday.  I really hope my hand doesn't keep me off the more technical trails...will just have to wait and see.

I plan on bringing some food for at least one meal.  Got a big batch of chili and nachos!  :eat  I hope someone else has a way to heat this stuff up, 'cause I don't.  I'm towing my bike this time around (got me a slick little bike trailer), so I'll have room for lots of food, camping gear, and (most importantly) BEER!  :chug

If any of you locals need something hauled up, let me know before Friday.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

loingrader

Quote from: The Yeti on September 15, 2009, 04:35:43 PM
I hope someone else has a way to heat this stuff up, 'cause I don't. 

i'm sure we could scrounge up some more firewood and cook it on the fire grates.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

Quote from: loingrader on September 15, 2009, 04:50:04 PM
Quote from: The Yeti on September 15, 2009, 04:35:43 PM
I hope someone else has a way to heat this stuff up, 'cause I don't. 

i'm sure we could scrounge up some more firewood and cook it on the fire grates.

Actually, I was talking about pans 'n stuff. But, I just realized that I got it covered...nevermind.

Hank

Looks like no Ryan this time, which is another bummer.

On the up side, the weather should be absolutely perfect!

I plan to leave once the sun is up.   I really don't know how long it will take, but I'd guess I'll be there mid-later afternoon.  I think I'll take 212 out most of the way, 14/34 is under construction.  I might do a little wandering on the way and the DRZ isn't real comfortable above 65 for long periods.

Thanks again for the offer Bret!

The Yeti

Quote from: Hank on September 16, 2009, 09:35:02 AM
Looks like no Ryan this time, which is another bummer.

That IS a bummer...hope everything's OK with Ryan (?).

Hank

He's fine, but I think he has a scheduling conflict of some kind.   Maybe he'll show up here again some day and fill us in.   ;D

The Yeti

So, looks like a grand total of 7 of us...can we still call that a rally?   ;D

AncientMariner

Mind if I show up on a WeeStrom and discuss whether or not I have the courage and equipment to follow along?  Aiming for Friday afternoon at FnF.  I'm closer than a lot of you SD guys.
'01 TTR125L, '01 WR426 plated, '00 Super Sherpa, '81 KM100, '80 SR500, '78 XS650, '06 DL650, '10 MG V7C, '12 MG Griso 8V SE, '12 Kaw Nomad -John

plumber mike

Quote from: AncientMariner on September 16, 2009, 07:33:18 PM
Mind if I show up on a WeeStrom and discuss whether or not I have the courage and equipment to follow along?  Aiming for Friday afternoon at FnF.  I'm closer than a lot of you SD guys.

Welcome... I can't speak for the others,but if someone shows up and wants to ride, who am I to say no. I think with the Yeti hurt he might like a little easier ride as well. Plenty of good trails that won't kill a Wee. Looking forward to meeting you ;D

I guess it sounds like friday afternoon then. I'll be there too.

The Yeti

Quote from: AncientMariner on September 16, 2009, 07:33:18 PM

Yeah! Someone I can hang with!   ;D  Welcome, Mariner, see you Friday!

762Nato

Is my GS with the TK 80's going to be the only Big bike at the get together

Hank

You might have the only big bike, but I wouldn't worry about it.    We've also got a weestrom coming and we'll ride a pretty wide variety of terrain. 

Had I known there would be other big bikes I might have ridden my 950 out, but I'm pretty committed on the 400 now.

loingrader

EVERYONE is welcome, and they can ride whatever they want.  There are trails for all types of bikes in the hills.  From sportbikes to trials bikes, the riding in the hills is top notch.  if you're on a bike in the hills, you will have a good time and we welcome you! 

excess

So i was trying to figure out something i could do to contribute to a group meal. I can make a pretty mean    quiche (just bacon and cheese  :D) i could bring a couple for breakfast for sat morning. I haven't been to one of these rallies do you guys normally go out for breakfast? It's easy for me to bring something cause i live like 6 miles from the campground.