Official sign up for the fall ride, Sept 17-20, 09

Started by Hank, August 09, 2009, 07:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

I might be out there by 3 or so, and would love to hook up.

My cell is 605-eight eight one - 8092

The Yeti

I should be there around 2-3pm, after setting up camp I'll be ready to ride!
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

excess

fringefan

Not sure if I will make it tonight, still have a 100 plus question I have to take but I will be there after the crack of dawn and I will be camping tomorrow.

If I get done in time I will head out tonight. Talked to Brian and I think he is planning on the morning. Pies look good no matter what is in them and I am all for the Sugar Shack and I believe it is open year round.

Hank

Made it home in one piece.  Will post more later!   Thanks to all for a great time!

fringefan

Really glad you made it. Not sure about the rest of you but my legs are a little sore  but other than that all is good. It was good to put an face to the name for many of you. Thanks to Excess and Yeti for the food, it really hit the spot.

Hank

And Larry / Aaron too!  The crisp was great.    And yes Alan, your chili does kick ass.

Hank

I'm editing the single track video and will upload it where you guys can get it.

Alan, please do the same of the "Hill that kicked almost everyone's ass".

I'll set up an online account somewhere so we can all share the videos in full resolution.

The Yeti

Quote from: Hank on September 20, 2009, 09:26:25 PM
I'm editing the single track video and will upload it where you guys can get it.

Alan, please do the same of the "Hill that kicked almost everyone's ass".

I'll set up an online account somewhere so we can all share the videos in full resolution.

I will, just let me do some editing first.  Let me know where to upload.

The Yeti

Quote from: fringefan on September 20, 2009, 09:12:00 PM
Really glad you made it. Not sure about the rest of you but my legs are a little sore  but other than that all is good. It was good to put an face to the name for many of you. Thanks to Excess and Yeti for the food, it really hit the spot.

My hand/pinky hurts a lot and my big toe is black & blue, a bit sore overall from the workout, but I had a blast this time around!!

fringefan

Quote from: Hank on September 20, 2009, 09:24:54 PM
And Larry / Aaron too!  The crisp was great.    And yes Alan, your chili does kick ass.

Can't forget about the crisp, brought the rest home and my kids where very pleased.

Watching them smaller bikes makes me want one ;D

AncientMariner

I got the Wee home in 3 hrs, 20 mins, 196 miles.  It was good to get there before I got drowsy.  Saw two deer at roadside in Wind Cave Park and one right on the street in Hill City between the Chute Rooster and the truck bypass.  The Wee got 56 mpg doing Rochford Rd and trail riding and 42 mpg hauling ass home against the wind.  I could have gotten home quicker on 79 instead of 385 but screw that.  Riding home did a good job of cleaning the dust off the chain.  I'm running cheap-ass 5W-40 in the Pro-Oiler and had it set at max rate for dusty running.  I want to thank you guys for picking a Wee-friendly route Saturday afternoon.  It was an absolute gas.  The tops of my thighs are a little sore from so much navigating on my hind legs.  The Wee exceeded my expectations.  I'm a little jealous of Larry because I've always wanted a TT and/or XT 500.  Those KLRs are pretty impressive but I am a little too inseam challenged for them.  I had no idea that the Black Hills were host to so many miles of superb unpavement.  All in all, it was a great experience.  Thanks, you guys!
John
'01 TTR125L, '01 WR426 plated, '00 Super Sherpa, '81 KM100, '80 SR500, '78 XS650, '06 DL650, '10 MG V7C, '12 MG Griso 8V SE, '12 Kaw Nomad -John

fringefan

But the looks of all the bikes you have I think you might have one for every purpose. Good to have ya and glad you made it.

Hank

Really glad you made it.  Sorry I didn't get to see you running the weestrom offroad much.   Everyone sounded very impressed with what you took it through.

Here is a 6 min. clip of the single track we did.  Some of the tight stuff is in the last minute.
My battery died about 1/4 of the way in, but I had 9 minutes of raw video.  The really nasty rocky/shale hill climbs were after I ran out of camera unfortunately.
Sucks that the camera makes it impossible to see the elevation.  Some of the climbs in the video were decently steep, but you can't see it.   You can hear the DRZ grunting in a few spots though.

Chad and Bret can really hustle those KLRs.   I was running about as fast as I wanted and Bret was waiting at every corner, and Chad was probably half bored behind me.   It was great fun, and trail 89 at the end of the single track was an absolute RIOT!

Hank