News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Perfect Weekend Weather...Let's Ride!

Started by The Yeti, August 27, 2009, 09:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

Quote from: fringefan on August 27, 2009, 06:00:36 PM
You guys will really like the single track trail we rhode last time, makes camp 5 easy ;D Sucks I have not been on the bike more than a handful of times and only twice offroad which includes the last ralley.

Get those girls to the babysitter and let's ride this weekend!  Chad? Brian? Anyone??

There is no doubt I'll be out riding this weekend. The weather is going to be perfect:

"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

plumber mike

Where? When? I have a 7:30 saturday morning but should be ready to ride by about 9 or 9:30.

The Yeti

Quote from: plumber mike on August 27, 2009, 10:07:10 PM
Where? When? I have a 7:30 saturday morning but should be ready to ride by about 9 or 9:30.

I won't be able to get out and ride until after lunch on Saturday, maybe earlier on Sunday.  Give me a call if your still want to go, 605-381-thirteen-seventy-six.

Caseyjones

That sounds great, if I can break away from moving Ill be in. That weather is enticing to say the least.  Did you have anything particular in mind, the ground is good and dry this time around, sorry not much mud as I recall how much you enjoy that.

The Yeti

Hey Tony!  Long time no see here on the board.

I'm up for whatever...wanna try some Pilot Knob and/or Camp 5 action?   :evil  I also know a little trail out of Silver City that is kind of fun, only takes about a half hour.

If you guys want to get out earlier, I can always meet up with you later on.  Should we just plan on meeting somewhere for lunch?  How about the Sugar Shack at 12:30pm??  Then we would already be very close to Pilot Knob and/or Silver City.

plumber mike

I'm in. I'll be at the Sugar Shack at 12:30. Call me if something changes at (605)591-29twelve.I'll be on a yellow BMW so hopefully it's nothing too hardcore.

plumber mike

Might be on an XR200 just in case it is  too much fun :evil The new skidplate has not arrived for the BMW yet.

The Yeti

Quote from: plumber mike on August 28, 2009, 10:39:25 PM
I'm in. I'll be at the Sugar Shack at 12:30. Call me if something changes at (605)591-29twelve.I'll be on a yellow BMW so hopefully it's nothing too hardcore.

Sounds like a plan, I'll be there!

Caseyjones

I still have to much to haul this weekend. I wish I could be there, Ive heard of these trails.  Next weekend for sure and without fail Im going to be on the bike. I've been away because in the process of moving I lapsed internet but Im setup at my new place now up by Hisega.

The Yeti

On Saturday, I was riding up to Sugar Shack to meet Mike, and some guy on a big-ass GS was on my tail, so I pulled off to the side of the road....it was Sportfaller!  He decided to join us for lunch, and then decided to ride with us for a "little while"...turned into a couple hours!  We had a blast exploring some not to hard trails, Mike was on his X-Country 650.  Mike can really ride that thing better than I would expect off-road.  I was pushing pretty hard on the WRR, and every time I thought I'd lost him I'd stop and wait...5-10 seconds later, there he was!   ;D  Not to mention Sportfaller on the big GS, he rides that thing like a dirt bike!  Very nice riding with both of you!

Sportfaller

Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

plumber mike

I had a blast. Thanks for showing me some good riding in the southern hills. Sportfaller rides that big GS like it's a sportbike on pavement and a much smaller bike off pavement.Safe travels to Moab. Jealous.  I got my skidplate today so watch out!

excess

anyone riding this weekend? Sunday looks like decent weather.

The Yeti

Quote from: excess on October 17, 2009, 01:16:54 AM
anyone riding this weekend? Sunday looks like decent weather.

Dude, you shoulda called me!  I was out rippin it up in the mud all weekend...I totally missed your post until today.  Looks like this Saturday might be decent enough to ride, though.

excess

i have to work at 3pm on Saturday but i'd like to get out an ride in the morning if it's nice out