News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Trade winter dust for spring mud??

Started by Caseyjones, April 04, 2010, 10:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caseyjones

There will be plenty of mud where you might see dirt, any water crossings will be very swollen.  I have not seen the creek this high in quite a number of years, even my well is several feet higher than I have ever seen it.  It appears to be a pretty nice day so far, just to verify... where/when?

The Yeti

Sorry for the late notice, but I'm gonna bail today.  I got a stomach thing going on, maybe nerves from thinking about all that mud.  ;D

I'm gonna try to get out tomorrow at the same time if my stomach is better by then.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Caseyjones

That might explain why nobody was there, but we didnt get a verification so its all good, we rode to wall and had planned on doing the badlands loop but I learned its all torn up and full of tourists, more so than I had hoped. we just rode back in the rain. All good!

I'll check back tonight or tomorrow.

The Yeti

OK, let's try this again today, same time, same place!

Caseyjones

I checked in/out to early, we did lunch at the Gaslight today and went through Keystone and Hill City, pretty good ride but started to cool off a bit during the afternoon.  Did you guys end up going on a ride today?

The Yeti

I stopped by Stonewalls at 1pm on Sunday but nobody was there, so I headed out solo.  Took my favorite close to home loop. Didn't see a lot of mud, but what I did see I purposely pointed my front tire at.  :evil  Trying to get better at negotiating the slick stuff...think I'm getting a bit better at it, didn't fall over at least.  ;D  There are a few water crossings that are usually only a few inches deep, some were around 2 feet deep and moving fast. Was a lot of fun. I'll be out doing it again next weekend (3 day weekend, woo-hoo!) if anyone is up for it.

I can tell I haven't been riding much yet this year...after only about 4hrs of riding yesterday I'm really sore today!

Sportfaller

Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

The Yeti

Gonna be real warm tomorrow (Friday, around 90) and I think I can get all my work done and take the afternoon off!   ;D  Anyone wanna try this again?  1pm at Stonewalls...I'll be there, and I'll even wait until 1:15.   ;D

The weekend is iffy...Sat will be cool, but may or may not rain...Sun will be cool as well, but less chance of rain...Monday looks perfect for riding - around 65, no rain.  I'm up for a ride anytime this weekend.

Caseyjones

I have to attend to some business in town today so I wont be able to make it, I have my kids for the rest of the weekend.  Any time in the coming week or weekend I'm in.