News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

WR426 morphing

Started by AncientMariner, October 07, 2009, 08:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AncientMariner

I had so much fun on the Weestrom with you guys (didn't know such trails existed so close to home) that I figure it'd be more fun and I wouldn't get left behind with a more dirt-oriented sickle so it's my mission to plate my '01 426.  I never changed the back tire before.  That sucked a lot.  Jesus, two rim locks!  I need to cobble up a bracket for the license plate and am waiting for pressure switches and mirror from Doctor Enduro.

Those cheapo DOT tires sure make her look different.

I couldn't find a place I liked for the horn so I just pasted it on where it was easy.

I don't need Hi/Lo headlight but I needed a switch for the horn anyway and the OEM lamp 60/55W has both elements, so why not?

I'm currently trying to find out what NE does if you "lose" your MSO.  Without that damning evidence, I should be able to register it in NE.  Otherwise, I'll have to move temporarily to Colorado.
'01 TTR125L, '01 WR426 plated, '00 Super Sherpa, '81 KM100, '80 SR500, '78 XS650, '06 DL650, '10 MG V7C, '12 MG Griso 8V SE, '12 Kaw Nomad -John

loingrader

cool!  now all you need is a trailer so you can haul that up behind your wee.  as fun as a strom is on "dual sport" rides, the riding that is available in the hills lends itself better to the smaller, lighter bikes as you are figuring out. 

that bike will obviously be a blast in the hills.

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Number Two

Another kick-start convert!  We're taking over.... :evil

Sweet bike for sure.  It must be time to sponsor an enduro event with all the small bikes showing up lately. 

plumber mike

X2. That is a sweet looking bike. After seeing how well you kept up on the strom.....were screwed.

The snow's flying so hold on to those fond memories until spring.

Hank

Looks great!    Hope we can see it in action next spring.

fringefan

Looks good and I think I need a dirt bike now.

AncientMariner

I hauled the thing along when I moved my daughter to Arkansas.  That's a valid plate on the ass end.

Now, if I could only get the pilot jet to stay clean for a while!
'01 TTR125L, '01 WR426 plated, '00 Super Sherpa, '81 KM100, '80 SR500, '78 XS650, '06 DL650, '10 MG V7C, '12 MG Griso 8V SE, '12 Kaw Nomad -John

plumber mike

Good stuff John! Glad it worked out and we will see you in a few weeks.