Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Date is good, what about location

Started by Hank, January 01, 2010, 09:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacin theis

doesnt matter who buys it, i'll drink it ;D   

Lets Ride!
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

The Yeti

Quote from: rdstrain1949 on April 30, 2010, 12:52:52 PM
Looks like Yeti is buying the beer :)

You gotta PAY for BEER!?  I just show up and drink whatever's already there.   ;D
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Hank

I really love beer.  Love to try different beers and like most of them.   One of the few exceptions is Fat Tire.  I DO NOT understand the hype with that beer.
Not trying to derail the thread or anything.. just remembering the free Fat Tire we had at last fall's rally.   I'd rather pay for PBR :)

grubbie

AHA!!! Beer drinkers! (((excellent))). It sounds like you guys kind of all camp together. I will be towing a camp trailer, never been to Sheridan, do they have sites and hookups?

The Yeti

Quote from: Hank on April 30, 2010, 07:10:43 PM
I really love beer.  Love to try different beers and like most of them.   One of the few exceptions is Fat Tire.  I DO NOT understand the hype with that beer.
Not trying to derail the thread or anything.. just remembering the free Fat Tire we had at last fall's rally.

You need to try the 1554 Black Ale, a different offering from The New Blegium Brewing Co. that makes Fat Tire.  I like the Fat Tire, but I love the 1554!  Fat Tire give me a mean-ass hangover!   :P

QuoteI'd rather pay for PBR :)

PBR ain't bad, drank my share when I was a teenager.  :chug

The Yeti

Quote from: grubbie on April 30, 2010, 09:03:18 PM
AHA!!! Beer drinkers! (((excellent))). It sounds like you guys kind of all camp together. I will be towing a camp trailer, never been to Sheridan, do they have sites and hookups?

I'm sure they do, but maybe not at the group sites.  Might want to call and find out.

The Yeti

Quote from: fringefan on April 28, 2010, 03:19:25 PM
Do we need to make reservations?

Has anyone done anything about this yet?  I'm totally willing to take care of everything, I just want to make sure that someone else hasn't already.  ;D

fringefan

I have not done anything and have pretty much taken a back seat on it because it seemed most people where not all that happy with Fish N Fry the last time.

loingrader

fish n fry was a great place to stay and we appreciate you setting it up chad.  just looking for new territory.  yeti, i'd say go for it. obviously the number of people showing up is up in the air, but i'd guess it's around 15 or so (give or take 10!).
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

OK, I'm on it.  I'll have some numbers for you guys on Monday.  I'm gonna check out the Sheridan group site as well as Bear Gulch at Pactola.

OOFDA

All areas discussed sound good. At last count there will be 5 coming from Burlington to ride. Still haven't determined the most popular beer to bring. Anything as long as its cold enough to crack your teeth after a long ride, right. Alpina is done with the exception of the seat, will send pictures. A group of us are leaving Friday going to Marion, little Egypt, to ride. Then on to Kentucky, Land Between the Lakes, and finish up at Mark Twain state park. Anyone interested in going contact me. Would be glad to have you along. Do we have to go thru any initiation to ride with the DDSR?

OOFDA

fringefan

Thanks Yeti, either place will work but Sheridan might have closer gas.

hayduke.klr07

howdy--been out of town for week, recreating but not with a moto. 

the sheridan lake group sites will be the closest to fuel and beer with three forks being about 2 or 3 miles away.

yeti--what is the word on the group site? 

looking forward to riding with everyone. ;D

The Yeti

So, I called the 1-877 number for reservations...they said that Sheridan Lake doesn't have any group sites...WTF  ???  I got another (local) number for Sheridan and left a message on their machine, waiting to hear back.

fringefan

I have never liked the outsourced camp reservations system the parks use and who would when they charge $23 a night for a basic tent site just to cover their cut and that is at Sheridan with no showers or running water.