News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

KLR 250

Started by grubbie, January 26, 2010, 08:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grubbie

Read about a KLR 250 on another post and looked it up. What a nice little bike! Why did they quit making it? I am a small bike fan as I use it not just for pleasure but also for work. We use bikes as horses, moving cows, running fencelines, so they have to be very agile and fit in tight places at times. I have a pair of 250's, an 08 Yamaha XT and a 93 Honda XR. That KLR 250 probably would have been my choice if they still made it. The 650 is to big and heavy for what I need.

loingrader

check out the kawasaki klr250 sherpa.  those are being made again.  like the klr250 but electric start, lower front fender, better guage package, smoother engine, cool gold wheels, etc. 

sherpas have quite a following but your xt and xr are pretty great bikes too.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

grubbie

Okay I didn't realize the Sherpa was a KLR. There was a pair of them here for sale with a trailer for $5500.00 6 months ago. Seemed like a good deal but I had already bought the XT. I thought those Sherpas were 2005 models but I'm not positive.

Black Hawk

We use Yamaha TW 200 for fencing and they chase cows.  ;D
If you put on a rack you can take tools and lunch too.  8)

http://tw200forum.com/forums/

Whatever you do have fun  ;)
Black Hawk SD in the summer
Yuma AZ in the winter

KLE650 for the Black Hills

loingrader

my sister just picked up an 01 klr250.  it was between that and a tw200.  she rode the klr first and felt great on it.  then hopped on the tw and said she felt like a shriner.  i thought they were both a blast to ride.  the tw more for tractoring around, the klr would obviously do a lot better at higher speeds. 

it's kickstart only, but starts first or second kick every time.  the tw had drum brakes front and rear (which i wondered about) but they worked great. 
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro