News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

June Rally Location

Started by loingrader, January 27, 2010, 10:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where should base camp be for the June Rally

Fish n Fry/Wild Bills - great location near Deadwood, very familiar trails, little pricy.
Whispering Pines - near the Silver City area, still lots of trails, more new areas to ride
Hill City area - Pactola area, newer area for most.
Farther south - Custer, Sylvan, etc.
I don't care as long as it's cheap
I don't care as long as gas/food/beer is close
I came to ride, no preference whatsoever

rdstrain1949

Hey!  We could base out of our place NW of Custer.  We can accommodate about 40 riders.  (that would mean about 10 per stall plus the horse) :)
If you don't respect your elders, you'd best respect your betters. (the Duke)

Hank

So is anyone showing up Thursday night or afternoon?
I'm a little undecided on what I'll do.   My wife and the girls are pulling the camper out that Friday (18th).  My brother in law and father in law or heading to the Phillip area on Thursday to do some Prairie dogging.

I might roll to Phillip Thurs, pop a few dogs Friday morning, then head to the hills Friday afternoon.
If I do that hopefully I can get a quick ride in Friday and maybe a 1/2 day Sat, although I'll likely camp with the family both nights..

With the limited amount of riding time I'll get its not all that desirable to ride the DRZ the whole way out either, so I might take the TDM.

If however, anyone else would be there Thursday, I might ride out Thursday (drz), bypass p-dogging, and camp Thursday and ride all day Friday.    Decisions.. decisions..

The Yeti

Hey Hank!  If you want to come out on Thursday, I'll camp with you. That TDM might not be up to some of the traditional DDSR "technical" sections.   :evil  But, I guess that's your call...I always got some "old man" trails we could hit.   ;)

You really should come out on Thursday so you can have at least one full day of riding...you seem to always have to leave early.  >:(   Even if it's just me & you, we can get at it early-(ish) Friday morning!

"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

mommer

so i don't know how you guys think about it.. and i have no time with my work.. but my really good friend in salida (hayduke on adv) makes t-shirts for stuff like this, and there is no pic you can take outta the closet and wear proudly like a shirt from the get together.. my closet is full of shirts from all the cool get togethers.. i have nothing to do with his buisness besides from he is my good friend.. and he loves bikes and bike stuff.. if anyone wants to put some art together and figure out the logistics i would be in for one... just sayin.
you can get ahold of him in a pm on adv (hayduke)
or email him at duke@fattees.com
or go to his shop website www.fattees.com.

hope im not steppin on anything bigger than a newbie should..
see yall soon!
MOMMER

The Yeti

See this thread:

http://dev.dakotadualsportriders.com/smf/index.php?topic=37.75

Sportfaller came up with an awesome design, but I don't know if anyone is getting shirts made from it.   ???

Also, see this thread:   ;D

http://dev.dakotadualsportriders.com/smf/index.php?topic=112.0

BTW, Hayduke is a legend on ADV! One of the most knowledgeable guys on that forum, IMO.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

mommer

those shirts are pretty cool! are they already shirts.. or does someone need to get ahold of duke, and tell him that mommer told you about him and you are from DDSR.. i have talked to him and he is up for anything moto.. just gotta get the design to the shirt maker guy.. unless there is already shirts made,, in which case ill take one... where? might head up to canada with the harley buddy tomorrow. but pming duke in adv is the best way to get ahold of him.. he is a "junkie" haha

AncientMariner

I took my DL1000 up to the Fish 'n Fry today, 5/22/10, to show my son-in-law where it is.  He rides an '06 Tiger.  It wasn't quite as warm as I expected it to be but it was a great ride, especially Nemo Rd, on which we looped back to 385 from Rapid after cutting across from Deadwood to Sturgis.  The bigger 'strom is a pretty good weapon in the twisties.
'01 TTR125L, '01 WR426 plated, '00 Super Sherpa, '81 KM100, '80 SR500, '78 XS650, '06 DL650, '10 MG V7C, '12 MG Griso 8V SE, '12 Kaw Nomad -John