News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Hello! Is there an echo in here?

Started by numb41, February 02, 2010, 01:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

numb41

Sounds awfully quiet around here.  Thought I would post 'cause I'm bored and hiding out at work - no use lyin' about it.  Started the bike up last week, just to hear it run. (f650) Didn't even take it off of the center stand.  Let 'er warm up and then shut 'er down.  Spring will be here soon enough.  Trying to chase walleyes right now.  Gonna hafta take my mower in and give that a good once over.  Gotta go thru the tranny and then build another for a backup. New chain, new bearings.  Needs new paint but I just can't get into that.  We have made our racing schedule at Pukwana.  Waiting to see what Armour wants to do.  Talking to a guy in Yankton about a race down there later in the year. Way too soon to tell.  Probably shouldn't have said anything about that one, but Like I said before, I am bored!

Hank

It has been a quiet winter around here.   It will pick up come spring and get really busy before the first rally and stay pretty steady until after the second.

Starting the bike makes a guy feel a little better at least.

What kind of racing are you talking about?

numb41

I/we race lawnmowers in Pukwana.  We also have a couple of races in Armour SD.  I am reminded of a joke's punchline about mopeds and fat chicks.  They are just way too much fun.  It has got to be the cheapest form of racing I know.

loingrader

i live in platte, but work in armour every day.  it has quite a following around here.  it's pretty amazing to watch!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

numb41

Hey Loingrader, We'll have to hook this spring/summer sometime.  Any trails along the river down your way?

loingrader

i have been on some land right by the river.  private land.  went with a buddy.  it was amazing.  he sold his bike so i haven't been back.

let me know when you're around.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro