News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Black Hills Ride This Weekend?

Started by The Yeti, August 12, 2008, 01:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

Chad?? Brian?? Anyone else?

We could do Sat or Sun or both. Let me know!!

Alan
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Hank

You guys suck, you know that don't you?

Hey, any Eastern SD guys want to ride some ditches and / or min. maintenance roads?   Maybe take in a pasture?   It'll be great!   Scenic!

Dustin

Quote from: Jason H. on August 12, 2008, 03:01:37 PM
Hey, any Eastern SD guys want to ride some ditches and / or min. maintenance roads?   Maybe take in a pasture?   It'll be great!   Scenic!

Count me in... Pastures sound like a blast!!! Maybe we could find some technical pavement too!!! ;D

Jared

I'm in Sundance and would be down for a Black Hills ride this weekend.  Not sure if I can camp or not but I could definitely meet up at least one day.

The Yeti

Quote from: AquaTop on August 13, 2008, 12:02:07 PM
I'm in Sundance and would be down for a Black Hills ride this weekend.  Not sure if I can camp or not but I could definitely meet up at least one day.

Welcome, Jared!

Sounds good. We need to hammer out some details...Chad? Brian? Anyone feel like camping Fri night at Fish n Fry (with Jason & family) and then ride on Sat? I have previous obligations on Sat night, but I'm open Fri night, Sat day & Sun day.

Alan

P.S. Jason: don't mean to intrude, we would get a seperate site, of course!  :)  (Never mind, just noticed your staying in a cabin, for God's sake!!)  ::)

fringefan

Let me check on the camping. I have this fence that the wife is pretty anxious about getting done and me running off to play tends to rock the boat for some reason.

The Yeti

That's cool...totally understand the Honey-Do list! Even if we only get out for one day, or just an afternoon...it'd be nice to have someone else to ride with, and maybe knows some trails that I haven't been on already.   ;D

flexlarson

Hey guys Chad and I will be scuba diving sunday all day but I think that Fri or Saturday would be a good say to ride.

Call me
Brian
"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
... it gets harder before it gets hard.... Get up here..

Robnoxious

Hey guys!
Just joined your forum after Yeti informed me of it. I posted on ADVrider but will gladly repeat the info here of a ride to BH this weekend (tomorrow!)

Another rider from Phoenix and myself are planning a trip to Deadwood this Friday (8/15) using as much dirt as possible (both riding KTM 950SE's). If any of you would like to show up and join in on the ride at any point, let me know. I will try to post the route to Deadwood ASAP but likely to come in from the back side of Devils Tower on the way to Deadwood, then leave Deadwood on Sat. AM an backroad it to ??? then drop off toward Newcastle. If there are any brave guides an extra day could be made instead of a second trip to the Big Horns. Also if there are any preffered campgrounds in Deadwood area, please comment. I am not sure if we will camp or do a room yet but covering all options.

Douglas Meier
Sheridan, Wyoming

The Yeti

Robnoxious, glad you made it!

We're still trying to figure out our plans for this weekend. Looks like Saturday is the day for riding, at least for two of the guys.

I know Jason is camping at the Fish 'n Fry just outside of Deadwood this weekend (car camping in a cabin, though) and I was considering camping there Friday night to get an early start Sat morning.

A bunch of the DDSR guys camped there (Fish 'n Fry) during our last rally and liked it a lot, sounded like the rates were reasonable, too.  If you guys do camp there, would you mind if I pitched my tent in your site (I would chip in, of course)?  I'm a n00b when it comes to bike camping, and have yet to even try out my new gear...kind of a trial run.   :)

So far, I think we have flexlarson, fringefan, aquatop and myself in for riding on Saturday (correct me if I'm wrong, guys).

Jared

Robnoxious

Ok guys,
We will be in Hulett by Noon tomorrow (Look for the two KTM 950SE's) and Deadwood by cocktail time. We will be staying in a motel (have no idea which one) instead of camping. On Saturday, we will be trying to route to Mt. Rushmore area via dirt. My cell is 307-752-5123 and you are welcome to call and join in at any point or suggest routing on Saturday if you want. I would imagine the #10 Saloon will be in order for dinner and adult beverages. If any of you FF's think you are ready to ride even more, you are welcome to join in the trip back to Sheridan, stay at the ranch and do another 250 miles on Sunday in the Big Horn Mtns.

Doug

The Yeti

Robnoxious,

What time you figure you'll be getting to those "adult beverages"? I could stop by Deadwood tomorrow evening (before or after I vist with Jason at Fish n Fry). Could discuss routes for Saturday....anyone else have a free evening tomorrow??

The Yeti

Everyone else:

We could meet Saturday morning in Deadwood...pick a spot & time. Fish n Fry at 8am??

Robnoxious

I am guessing Deadwood ready for a cold one by 6pm. I still dont know where we will be staying but am aiming for food and drinks at the #10 Saloon.

Doug