News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Black Hills Ride This Weekend?

Started by The Yeti, August 12, 2008, 01:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

Quote from: Robnoxious on August 15, 2008, 06:53:48 AM
I am guessing Deadwood ready for a cold one by 6pm. I still dont know where we will be staying but am aiming for food and drinks at the #10 Saloon.

Doug

Cool, I'll try to make it up tonight. Will give you a call either way.

Alan
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

fringefan

Stopped by fish n fry last night on my way home from casper but there was no Jason so I assume he was out and about with the family.

The Yeti

Chad,

You & Brian in for a ride tomorrow?

fringefan

I think so. Just arranged day care for the girls so it should work out. Where are we riding? As long as it is not all street and it is more fun than a gravel road it should be a good time:)

Jared

Heard on the radio it's supposed to be 83 tomorrow! :)

The Yeti

Quote from: AquaTop on August 15, 2008, 03:11:27 PM
Heard on the radio it's supposed to be 83 tomorrow! :)

Sounds perfect to me!

Still need to decide where & when to meet...?? Don't care where we ride, as long as it's mostly off-pavement.

fringefan

How about the fish n fry again.
Hey isn't that one trail close to there that had some good technical sections? ;)

The Yeti

Quote from: fringefan on August 15, 2008, 04:09:31 PM
How about the fish n fry again.
Hey isn't that one trail close to there that had some good technical sections? ;)

Umm...I think I mentioned that a bit earlier in the thread:

Quote from: Promo Yeti on August 14, 2008, 09:26:15 PM
Everyone else:

We could meet Saturday morning in Deadwood...pick a spot & time. Fish n Fry at 8am??

So...?? Too early? Not early enough? I'd rather meet around 9, but didn't want to seem like a wussy.  ;)

Will that work for you, AquaTop?

I'm gonna head up to Deadwood right after work tonight and meet Robnoxious and his buddy at the #10 to go over some routes, if anyone wants to join me, give me a call, 381-1376, or just show up, I should be there around 6:30. I'll post up what I find out when I get home later tonight.

Hell, if we just wander around, it's fine with me, that's all I do anyway! I did find some cool trails up by Silver City and Horse Creek...but I'm up for whatever.

loingrader

bump for trails around silver city.

had a buddy with a cabin near silver city.  i spent hours exploring a ton of fun trails on his polaris quad during the winter, and a few on his katoom 250 once the snow melted.   

been wanting to get there on my klr sometime.

-bret
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Jared

Well, *I* like the sound of 9 better meself, but 8 can work too.  Hey I'm coming from Sundance so that's my excuse. ;)

fringefan

8 works for me. Brian said that sounded good to him. I have to be back in Rapid by 2pm.

see you guys then

Jared

Mileage question --- it's about 60 miles from Sundance ... I just filled up tonight, should I fill up again in Deadwood in the morning?

fringefan

You should be fine and there is a station across from the fishnfry

The Yeti

Hope you see this Aquatop:

We're meeting at 9am at Fish n Fry Saturday morning. Flexlarson, Fringefan, Robnoxious & Friend, Aquatop and myself.

Robnoxious and his friend want to try and go dirt from Deadwood to close to Mt. Rushmore (his friend's never seen it).

I see Chad has to leave us after lunch, but I'm up for all day!

See you all in the morning!

Alan

joedaddy

Unfortunately I'm on a 48hr shift  :(  Have fun be safe!