News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Black Hills Ride This Weekend?

Started by The Yeti, August 12, 2008, 01:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dratharr

Hi I plan on being up there this weekend would you mind if a flatlander taged along with you?

Thanks,
Dratharr

fringefan

Absolutely. Send a pm to hank,ryan, or Brett about meeting up with them on the way out.

loingrader

dratharr, you are more than welcome.  most of us are flatlanders.  which way are you coming from, and what day/time were you planning on heading out?

i am planning on leaving platte, sd thursday evening and staying in rapid thursday night, fyi.

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

Quote from: Dratharr on September 11, 2008, 10:20:42 PM
Hi I plan on being up there this weekend would you mind if a flatlander taged along with you?

Thanks,
Dratharr

I'm confused....do you mean THIS weekend (as in tomorrow), or the next weekend (DDSR Fall Rally)? Since this was posted in the Weekend Ride thread I'm not quite sure...
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

loingrader

yeti, nice call.  yea, my plans are for NEXT weekend.  the 19th-21. 
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

Quote from: loingrader on September 12, 2008, 11:52:27 AM
yeti, nice call.  yea, my plans are for NEXT weekend.  the 19th-21. 

Yeah, I knew that...just wondering if Dratharr was coming up this weekend and wanted someone to ride with. I'm always up for a ride!  ;D

Dratharr

I am planning this weekend and maybe next, are you still going to meet at the fishfry tomorrow 9:00AM?

Thanks,
Matt

The Yeti

QuoteI am planning this weekend and maybe next, are you still going to meet at the fishfry tomorrow 9:00AM?

Matt,

If you check the dates on those posts, that was three weeks ago.  ;D

I'm willing to ride this weekend, and could be at the F'n'F tomorrow morning for a ride, if you want. Looks like a beautiful day tomorrow, little cold in the morning, but looks like it probably won't rain. My schedule's pretty flexible tomorrow, just gotta be back to Rapid by about 3:30pm...going to the Deadwood Jam with the wife and some friends. I could ride on Sunday instead/also, whatever. Probably won't be home too early Sunday morning, though (spending the night in Deadwood after the Jam).

Let me know here, or you can give me a call on my cell, 605-381-137six.

Oh, and if anyone else wants to come, you guys are welcome!

Alan

P.S. Sorry, if you were at the rally in June, I don't remember meeting you...what do you ride? Where you coming from?

Dratharr

That would be great I am staying at the KOA near Hill City. Would it work better to meet somewhere else? I am going to drive up tonight so if there is a closer meeting spot for both parties that sounds good to me? I will be on a KLR 650 and coming up from Sidney NE. My wife wants to get some Mtn. Biking in so I am hauling the KLR up. I really wanted to hit the rally this year but I just couldnt swing it! My cell is 308.249.6791.

Thanks,
Matt

The Yeti

That's the Mt. Rushmore KOA, right? I could just meet you up there. Any idea where you wanna go, or should we just wander around?

I should be able to come up in the morning around 8-9 if that works for you. We'll tentatively plan to meet at the KOA at 9am (up front by the ice cream/pizza shop, unless you already know which site # you'll have), let me know if you want to start earlier. I'll try to give you a call on your cell later tonight.

Alan

Dratharr

That sounds great I would just like to tag along and see some new trails if thats alright with you, it is the KOA between Hill City, and Mt. Rushmore, I have never been so I am not real sure about the location, we rented one of the cabins at the KOA. I will see you bright and early 8:00 sounds great. I will be on the road and have my cell on in an hour or so.

Thanks,
Matt

Dratharr

Quote from: Dratharr on September 12, 2008, 05:42:48 PM
That sounds great I would just like to tag along and see some new trails if thats alright with you, it is the KOA between Hill City, and Mt. Rushmore, I have never been so I am not real sure about the location, we rented one of the cabins at the KOA. I will see you bright and early 8:00 sounds great. I will be on the road and have my cell on in an hour or so.

Thanks,
Matt

This is the address to the KOA
Mount Rushmore / Hill City KOA
12620 Highway 244
Hill City, SD 57745

The Yeti

I'll give you a call when I get outa work, about 6pm. Looks like it's just me and you, which is fine, I usually ride alone, so any company is good company!  ;D

QuoteThis is the address to the KOA
Mount Rushmore / Hill City KOA
12620 Highway 244
Hill City, SD 57745

Yup, that's the one, just past Mt. Rushmore a few miles.

fringefan

You mt bike as well? Just curious where you or she is planning to ride?

The Yeti

Chad,

Join us, dude! Tomorrow morning, 9am at the entrance to Mt. Rushmore KOA. Be there!