News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Trade winter dust for spring mud??

Started by Caseyjones, April 04, 2010, 10:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caseyjones

The time is upon us... any interest in rides or GTs in the coming weeks?

rdstrain1949

If you don't respect your elders, you'd best respect your betters. (the Duke)

The Yeti

ditto!  What's a "GT"??  Whatever it is, I'm sure I'm up for it.   ;D
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

rdstrain1949

Caseyjones

GT = get together, ride, bbq, whatever. It's been nice out, I have an open schedule and flexability until I get some clients.

rdstrain1949

How about Wed or Thurs this week.  Meet up some place like Boondocks or Sugar Shack.  I found my tow rope, and camera, so I'm ready.  You guys can get silly and I'll watch.

I got a few more break in miles yesterday, including finding out how the KLR handles in the rain (and mud) and how much protection the fairing gives from hail (not much).  Who knows what today will bring.  (more pain pills probably)

I got my copies of the new Forest Service maps, now as soon as I figure out how to tow a trailer behind the KLR, I can bring them along.  (got to wonder how many tax dollars that cost)

Let me know if anybody is up for a ride this week.

Caseyjones

I have the taller windscreen and I still found that hail protection is still minimal. I have taken some significant road trips with it, my best advice is just make sure you bring (at the very least) one extra qt oil when going far.  Im available when the sun comes out again in a few days.  I was thinking about going to Newcastle WY to get a cup of coffee then maybe wind cave or just lunch in Hill City or something.  Sugar Shack works well for me to.

rdstrain1949

I'm looking forward to the first ride on the KLR when it doesn't rain.  (or hail)  I'm up for a Newcastle loop, or whatever.  Let me know.

Caseyjones

It sounds good, I still have a pretty loose schedule for the time being, I'm keeping a close eye on the weather, looks sort of iffy for the next week or so but I'll probably get some riding anyway. I survived 15 years of riding in the Seattle area, always wet and cold, besides we have been itching to get out on the bike more.  Looking towards mon or tue for best results.

rdstrain1949

Just got back from breakfast in Hill City.  1/4 to 1/2 mi. visibility, moderate snow.  Just another day in paradise.

Caseyjones

Soon, this windy chill will lift, at least enough to go have some fun.  Maybe this coming weekend will hold some usable weather for us. 

rdstrain1949

Ya mean like yesterday,  1/4 mi viz and heavy snow?  Gotta luv spring in the Hills.

Caseyjones

I rode to town to ship a package and I wasn't sure it would still be clinging to the back of the bike when I got there with all the wind.  I know it's going to be a nice long summer and I'm really looking forward to seeing it begin. 

rdstrain1949

Shipping my Christmas present already?  Thanks!!!

Caseyjones

yup, I just wanted to make sure there was time for the title and keys to get there.  Still checking for some usable weather this week.

Alan, you around? wanna chime in here? whats your take? you still on that Yamaha 250?? think you can keep up with the big boys now? haha  I'll bet that 250 owns the trails.

It's going to feel strange to not be 400 bike lengths behind everyone when the pavement begins and I wring every last cc out of the ol KLR just to keep everyone in sight.  Another KLR in the mix so I dont feel all solo at the back of the pack.