News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Trade winter dust for spring mud??

Started by Caseyjones, April 04, 2010, 10:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loingrader

don't worry,  klr's ususally LEAD our pack when we get together.   ;D
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

rdstrain1949

Got a few more break in miles today.  Rode up to Deerfield.  I won't call it a mistake, but it sure was an adventure.  Mud over ice, snow over ice, ice over ice.  KLR did it's thing & I didn't tip over.  Sure would be nice to try riding in good conditions for a change. 

This week looks a little better.  Let's ride. :)
If you don't respect your elders, you'd best respect your betters. (the Duke)

The Yeti

Quote from: Caseyjones on May 03, 2010, 01:14:19 PM
Alan, you around? wanna chime in here? whats your take? you still on that Yamaha 250?? think you can keep up with the big boys now? haha  I'll bet that 250 owns the trails.

Hey Tony! I'm around here every day!  I'm just hoping that my little WRR doesn't make me look like even more of a chicken..."damn Yeti, can't even ride that teeny-weeny girly bike!"   ;D ;D
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

The Yeti

Quote from: rdstrain1949 on May 03, 2010, 05:21:08 PM
Got a few more break in miles today.  Rode up to Deerfield.  I won't call it a mistake, but it sure was an adventure.  Mud over ice, snow over ice, ice over ice.  KLR did it's thing & I didn't tip over.  Sure would be nice to try riding in good conditions for a change. 

This week looks a little better.  Let's ride. :)

I actually got out for a couple hours last Friday. Weather was perfect.  I was a bit nervous at first...I always seem to be on the first ride of the season, but that faded quickly and I was haulin ass through some familiar trails up around Neck Yoke Rd.  I saw no ice or snow, and very little mud...surprising.  Just another reason I like the southern hills better, it's usually drier!  ;D

Caseyjones

Good to hear from you Yeti, glad you got it out for a while.  Its damn near time we do a ride. 

Today was nice but had business to tend to, next week looks so much better for weather also.

fringefan

Yeti I have had mine out at least a half a dozen times this year which is a fantastic now that I am not heading to WY every week.

Caseyjones

Hey gents, it looks like we finally have a fairly decent week upon us.  I have time every day but Monday as most of my obligations this week are very movable.

Anyone up for a run, wife and I were thinking about going to Newcastle for lunch and coffee. Time to enjoy the hills before the tourists and pseudo-bikers take it all over for the summer.

Anyone in for wed or thurs, maybe a half day or day ride? dirt or not, either way.

Tony

The Yeti

Hey Tony!

I've got to work all week, but will probably be up for a ride this weekend!  Looks nice so far, but we'll have to see if the weather stays good through Sunday.

Caseyjones

I will be pretty happy when I have a high enough client load to be busy most-all of the week, until then I find myself forced to fill that black empty void with activities like motorcycling and grilling...life is tough as hell sometimes.   ;D

I think we're going to WY today for coffee/lunch.  Weekend sounds good, whatcha have in mind?

The Yeti

Quote from: Caseyjones on May 18, 2010, 09:49:30 AM
I will be pretty happy when I have a high enough client load to be busy most-all of the week, until then I find myself forced to fill that black empty void with activities like motorcycling and grilling...life is tough as hell sometimes.   ;D

I think we're going to WY today for coffee/lunch.  Weekend sounds good, whatcha have in mind?

Sat or Sun afternoon - maybe we could do one or two of the rides I put up on the sign-up thread!

The Yeti

Saturday's weather looks like it just may be perfect for riding!

You still up for it Tony?  Anyone else wanna tag along?  I'm thinking of leaving around 1pm, getting back around 4 or 5pm.  I've got my favorite route picked out.   :evil ;D  Could meet after lunch in front of Black Hills Coffee on hwy 16.

plumber mike

Don't count me in.....but don't count me out ??? I might be able to sneak away for awhile. I'll know more by tommorrow evening.

rdstrain1949

If you don't respect your elders, you'd best respect your betters. (the Duke)

Caseyjones

soooo 1pm at stonewalls?
Is the route friendly for passenger or is it the rough stuff?
I'll be checking back in the morning. It sounds like fun.

The Yeti

Most would probably be passenger friendly, but with all the rain tonight there will probably be MUD!!  You know how I feel about mud.   :P