News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Batteries

Started by fringefan, April 20, 2010, 04:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fringefan

Wanted to check opinions on the battery's plus batteries? Bought one for $60 just under 2 years ago and it is shot with only a 1 year warranty and when I took it out the battery post was cracked. I thought the posts where junk to start with trying to hook in new electrical parts with that horrible design of a nut on the post you had to screw into. I called Napa but they did not have sealed battery even though it was $45 so I bought the upgraded battery from Battery's Plus for a mind blowing $90 but at least it had solid posts. 

rdstrain1949

I got two batteries from Batt + last year, a 6 volt and a 12 volt, both for old BMWs.  They both seem fine however the 12 v doesn't seem to have much reserve power.  No complaints so far.
If you don't respect your elders, you'd best respect your betters. (the Duke)

loingrader

unless you ride all year or put your battery on a trickle charger, most cheap batteries won't last thru the winter if they stay hooked up on your bike.  i buy the expensive sealed yusa batteries most of the time because they last, and there is no battery acid spilling on anything.  even then, 2 or 3 years is about average lifespan.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

fringefan

Just curious because I hook them up to a trickle charger once if not twice a winter for at least a few days each. I could have just switched batteries with Ryan since he suggested those batteries and his bike is in my garage taking up valuable space.  :evil

The Yeti

A Battery Tender can be your friend.   ;D
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Hank

Quote from: fringefan on April 21, 2010, 04:05:56 PM
Just curious because I hook them up to a trickle charger once if not twice a winter for at least a few days each. I could have just switched batteries with Ryan since he suggested those batteries and his bike is in my garage taking up valuable space.  :evil

Ryan's battery had a broken post too.    Note to self:  Don't take Ryan's advice on batteries.

;D