News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Rick Mayer seat sale

Started by The Yeti, April 22, 2010, 12:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

Rick Mayer has a sale right now through the end of April on "small dual-sport bike" seats. For bikes of 600cc or less, it's only .50cents per cc for one of his custom seats.  I'm seriously thinking about ordering one for my WRR. At only $125, you can hardly go wrong.

Anyone have any experience with his seats?

"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

loingrader

rick mayer seats are one of the best seats you can buy.  period.  better than corbin, better than sargeant.  they are loved by endurance riders the world over.  most times they start at about $400.  for $125 it is a no brainer! 
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

They ain't pretty, at least to me, but people that have them love them for sure.

fringefan

Kind of remind me of that tampon comercial with the wings.

loingrader

Quote from: Hank on April 22, 2010, 05:31:29 PM
They ain't pretty

function over form.  the wider the seat, the more surface area of your butt supporting your body weight and the more miles you can cover before your arse starts burning.

i would swap in my oem seat before i did any spirited riding (to protect your investment) , but for any type of road trip with lots of saddle time, the mayer seat would be the way to go.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

Quote from: loingrader on April 22, 2010, 10:41:45 PM
i would swap in my oem seat before i did any spirited riding (to protect your investment) , but for any type of road trip with lots of saddle time, the mayer seat would be the way to go.

I'm planning on keeping this on all the time...stupid move??  I really hate sliding into the tank every time I brake hard, and think this will solve that issue along with the monkey butt.

Hank

I wonder if the "wings" will be a pain for off roading?

I'm all about function over form, but they are still ugly :)

(But I would buy one for 125)

The Yeti

What the hell, I'm ordering it. If I don't like the wings, I'm pretty sure I could sell it for at least what I paid!   :evil ;D