News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Official Sign-Up Thread

Started by The Yeti, May 06, 2010, 10:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grubbie

Quote from: BogusJim on June 14, 2010, 11:10:49 AM
The way it's been raining, I'm wondering if we need to install airbox snorkels.  :evil

I ordered a set of Pirelli MT21's, supposed to be here tomorrow. The stock tires on the WRR don't like mud, plus mine were just about done @3500 miles.
Not good........I am running stockers on my WRR, you are right they don't like mud. I ran out of time to get tires. Almost wasn't going to make it at all due to work issues, but firmed up the plans today. I'll be there! Of course,.....I will be the one you guys are towing out of the mud all day. My tires don't like mud, neither do I. My first time doing something like this and I can't tell you how excited I am about it!

The Yeti

Quote from: Hank on June 15, 2010, 04:13:36 PM
Unless the weather really gets ugly, I have Kurt riding with me from Watertown.
He'll be camping all three nights, I'm just camping Thursday.

We're riding out Thursday with Onsabrock, Hipster (from MSP) and Wacked (Fargo).

Which bike you bringing?
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

JoniJo

I'm so excited I could.... well never mind. We'll leave the body fluids out of it. The KLX is ready to go. New FMF for the FNF  ;D and new Dunlop D952's. I'll help push/pull anyone out of the mud if they'll pick me up when I fall down. Can't wait to ride and meet all you great people!!!!!!!!!   ::)   See you Thursday evening at FNF.             Joni

P.S. I'll help with groceries and the like when I get there. Just let me know what's needed.
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

Hank

Quote from: The Yeti on June 15, 2010, 10:53:21 PM
Quote from: Hank on June 15, 2010, 04:13:36 PM
Unless the weather really gets ugly, I have Kurt riding with me from Watertown.
He'll be camping all three nights, I'm just camping Thursday.

We're riding out Thursday with Onsabrock, Hipster (from MSP) and Wacked (Fargo).

Which bike you bringing?

I'm riding the 400 out.  Kurt has an 08 KLR.
Well the forecast has actually improved, which goes against all odds.   Hopefully a day or two of sunshine will dry up some mud.
Looks like we could have some showers coming out tomorrow but Fri and Sat look splendid!

Should be lotsa fun!

rdstrain1949

Yeti;

Major change of plams for me.  Won't be able to camp, may get up there for a ride.  Had a horse come down sick last night so............ I'll be playing horse Doc for the next week or two.  Sorry about the late notice, not much I could do.
If you don't respect your elders, you'd best respect your betters. (the Duke)

The Yeti

Quote from: rdstrain1949 on June 16, 2010, 08:46:51 AM
Yeti;

Major change of plams for me.  Won't be able to camp, may get up there for a ride.  Had a horse come down sick last night so............ I'll be playing horse Doc for the next week or two.  Sorry about the late notice, not much I could do.

No problems, hope everything works out with your horse! You know where we are if you wanna ride.

Hank

Is someone bringing a stack of forestry service maps again?  That would be much appreciated!

AncientMariner

Not anxious or anything but I've got the bikes loaded up.

'01 TTR125L, '01 WR426 plated, '00 Super Sherpa, '81 KM100, '80 SR500, '78 XS650, '06 DL650, '10 MG V7C, '12 MG Griso 8V SE, '12 Kaw Nomad -John

The Yeti

Quote from: Hank on June 16, 2010, 05:44:40 PM
Is someone bringing a stack of forestry service maps again?  That would be much appreciated!

I got 5 or 6 of 'em...maybe I'll go pick up some more before I head out tomorrow.

The Yeti

Quote from: AncientMariner on June 16, 2010, 06:49:01 PM
Not anxious or anything but I've got the bikes loaded up.

Awesome John! Gotta have the right tool for the job.   ;D

Bogus Jim

I rode a few trails around Nemo this afternoon/evening... trails are drying up nicely, it's not going to be the 24/7 mudfest I expected. Depends on the trail of course... some are wet and the bike still got plenty muddy. But airbox snorkel is optional! Weather looks good for Fri-Sun.

Everyone who's traveling, have a safe trip. See you Friday.

agspecialties

Planning on leaving Norfolk 12:00 today. Will see you guys tomorrow  for a great ride. 

excess

loingrader

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

excess