News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Official Sign-Up Thread

Started by The Yeti, May 06, 2010, 10:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grubbie

Yeti, the wife unit that I am bringing will bring enough sloppy joes for a group meal. I don't know how you guys do things, do you come back to camp for lunch? My wife rides but most likely won't ride with us as she is just learning. I'll have to sneak off with her on some light trails sometime during the weekend. Anyway, if sloppy joes is good with everyone, we are happy to do it.

The Yeti

Quote from: Hank on May 08, 2010, 12:32:42 PM
Wow Alan, between the meal and all the planning, its obvious that you are THE MAN!  Thank you!

Yeah, about that...Mrs. Yeti & I were talking about the food tonight , and we decided that if we get too many people we probably wouldn't be able to provide "enough for all", it could just be too much.  So, we're thinking about providing dinner just on Thursday night...so far, there's only 6 for Thursday night, and that (plus a few more) would be a manageable number.  ;D  I don't think we (or anyone else) could be expected to provide food for 20+ people. :o

Quote from: Hank on May 08, 2010, 12:32:42 PM
I'm still undecided as to what I'll be doing, but the more I read about this, the more I lean towards coming Thursday and riding Friday and Sat morning.

I hope you can make it for at least one full day of riding!

Quote from: fringefan on May 08, 2010, 03:18:09 PM
I would suggest any one that eats kick in a little something for the effort of Mr & Ms Yeti.

Nothing is expected in return except someone else provide a meal sometime during future rallys!  I'm sure there willl be many more to come!!  ;D

If we referred to the wife as Ms yeti would she have any idea who we are talking about?

Of course! (But, that's Mrs. Yeti to you  8) )

I have talked to him but I think he was castrated and his wife is holding his balls in a jar or in other words, he is not sure if he will make it or not.

Ryan has got to show!  Won't be the same without him....and his back massages   :-[

Quote from: grubbie on May 08, 2010, 06:28:56 PM
Yeti, the wife unit that I am bringing will bring enough sloppy joes for a group meal.

Awesome! Thanks for the generosity!

I don't know how you guys do things, do you come back to camp for lunch?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.  Just depends where we are on the trail when we get hungry. Moonshine Gulch in Rochford is one of our regular lunch stops...so is Sugar Shack.  Mmmmmm!

My wife rides but most likely won't ride with us as she is just learning.

Perfect! Someone to keep Mrs. Yeti company while we're out trying to kill ourselves!!   :evil

"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

grubbie

Okay then. We will bring sloppy joes for all, for dinner friday night. And if anyone else wants to pitch in, they can help with chips, buns, or whatever. But, we can handle that as well if needed. Any objections?

fringefan

This site pays for itself with music, riding partners, and good food to eat

I pick up a 30 pack of Keystones finest, unless any object to the quality ;D Lord knows I will probably pass out in my chair again.

grubbie

The Yeti

Quote from: grubbie on May 09, 2010, 09:14:57 PM
Music?

I can bring my iPod dock, as long as no one objects to my taste in music.

Quote from: grubbie on May 09, 2010, 06:12:50 PM
Okay then. We will bring sloppy joes for all, for dinner friday night. And if anyone else wants to pitch in, they can help with chips, buns, or whatever. But, we can handle that as well if needed. Any objections?

That's awesome Grubbie!  Who wants to volunteer for chips or hamburger buns?

The Yeti

Quote from: fringefan on May 09, 2010, 06:23:05 PMI pick up a 30 pack of Keystones finest...

aaannnd...what are the rest of us gonna drink?   ;D

The Yeti

Hmmm...none of the Fish 'n Fry pics are showing up in the first message.  Looks like their website has been suspended!  ???  Hopefully they will get it back up soon!   :-\

Sportfaller

I plan make it up for a while Thursday, but will probably only camp FRI/SAT. I'm feeling skeptical about getting into too much on the GSA with street tires.... so I'm not sure how much riding I'll do (unless I find a bike to use for the weekend).

One of these days a 530EXC will grace my garage....
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

The Yeti

Quote from: Sportfaller on May 10, 2010, 04:02:20 PM
I plan make it up for a while Thursday, but will probably only camp FRI/SAT. I'm feeling skeptical about getting into too much on the GSA with street tires.... so I'm not sure how much riding I'll do (unless I find a bike to use for the weekend).

Got you on the IN list!

No worries with the GSA, we'll take it easy on you, I swear!   :evil ;D  Seriously, you ride that thing like a dirt bike, even with street tires on, you'd be fine on fireroads, right?  We can plan a couple of easy rides to the rough stuff, then you can just peel off and enjoy yourself, then meet back up at camp for beers!

Ooo, ooo!!! Can I ride it? Can I, huh??   ;D

Hank

I'm still unsure if I'll be taking the TDM or the DRZ.  If its the TDM I'll be in fireroad only mode as well!

loingrader

Quote from: Hank on May 10, 2010, 05:51:31 PM
I'll be in fireroad only mode as well!

you say that now, but i bet it will be hard to stick to it, even with all that shiny new paint on your yammy.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Dr Psyko

I intend to be there folks, hopefully with my son but that's still up for grabs. With any luck, I'll be able to be there for the whole time. I'll be on my bike, so not bringing much with me. I'll be doing some shopping once I get there tho... Not a drinker, so I could be "designated photographer". I know you all would love to have photos the next morning.
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

The Yeti

rdstrain1949

Yeti;

Sorry about the brain cramp, I'll be there until the money runs out (Sunday).
If you don't respect your elders, you'd best respect your betters. (the Duke)