Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Official Sign-Up Thread

Started by The Yeti, May 06, 2010, 10:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

JoniJo

Hey there....I doubt if any of you know me "yet". But hopefully you will! I just booked a guest room at the Fish N Fry for the 17th, 18th and 19th. I think I'll tow my KLX out with my Valkyrie. What do you think? Just Kiddin'!!!!! Last time I rode with the DDSR was way back in 2001. Can't wait to be back in the Hills!!! 
Joni - Molon labe 
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

excess

i'll be there probably in an rv if i camp.

The Yeti

Quote from: JoniJo on May 14, 2010, 07:32:30 PM
Hey there....I doubt if any of you know me "yet". But hopefully you will! I just booked a guest room at the Fish N Fry for the 17th, 18th and 19th. I think I'll tow my KLX out with my Valkyrie. What do you think? Just Kiddin'!!!!! Last time I rode with the DDSR was way back in 2001. Can't wait to be back in the Hills!!! 
Joni - Molon labe 

Hey JoniJo!  Got you on the list. Welcome to the forum, looking forward to meeting you in June. We have too few women riders in our group. 

You rode with DDSR in 2001??  I had no idea our little group has been around so long....Chad, can you tell us a little history here?

Quote from: excess on May 17, 2010, 10:48:52 AM
i'll be there probably in an rv if i camp.

Hey Austin!  Can you let me know as soon as you can IF you're bringing an RV and what nights your staying for sure, I have to reserve the RV sites separately.  Thanks!

fringefan

We started in 2008 so anything before had to be another group.

The Yeti

That's what I thought, maybe a typo...but, I don't remember any Joni at any of the rallies, but my memory ain't what it used to be. 

flexlarson

Im in
WOW Allen GREAT WORK.

Should b FUN
Ill get out and scout new stuff.
Ill ride both bikes but not at the same time.
"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
... it gets harder before it gets hard.... Get up here..

The Yeti

Quote from: flexlarson on May 18, 2010, 09:21:31 PM
Im in
WOW Allen GREAT WORK.

Thanks man! Got you on the list.  Do you know when you're coming/going?? You gonna come up on Thursday for dinner with Mrs. Yeti?  You bringing Kim??

Quote from: flexlarson on May 18, 2010, 09:21:31 PM
Ill ride both bikes but not at the same time.

Now THAT would be impressive!  ;D

Hank

Well I think my plans have firmed up to:

Ride out on the 400 Thursday morning, camp Thur night and ride Friday.   Camp w/ the fam Fri / Sat night at the rafter J but probably ride more at least Sat morning, then head home Sunday.

So put me down for a tent spot for Thursday night only.

Not sure who all will come w/ me.  Dustin hasn't said much yet (Dustin are you coming) and I might have another rookie from work riding along.

Anyone coming from the East is more than welcome to meet up w/ me (or us).

Can't wait!

The Yeti

Cool Hank! Glad you can make it for a day or two at least. Let me know if you get any tag-a-longs.

AncientMariner

Hi Alan,

I'm still working on getting my WR426 plated but I've got the Super Sherpa back from my daughter, so I'll have at least one dual sport bike.  I think I'll save the Weestrom from embarrassment this year.  I'll be trailering the bike(s) up.  I'll need a tent site.  Thanks for your efforts on this event.

John
'01 TTR125L, '01 WR426 plated, '00 Super Sherpa, '81 KM100, '80 SR500, '78 XS650, '06 DL650, '10 MG V7C, '12 MG Griso 8V SE, '12 Kaw Nomad -John

The Yeti

Hey John,

Glad you can make it! You in for the full three nights??

AncientMariner

Arrrgh!  Decisions, decisions!  Yeah, it is so much fun that I would be stupid to miss any of it.  I'll get there the 17th.  You realize that you may be tasked with stretcher duty if I forget my age and get frisky with that 426?  Just kidding.  At my age, I find restraint easier than convalescing.  Never did learn to ride that too-tall thing, anyway.
'01 TTR125L, '01 WR426 plated, '00 Super Sherpa, '81 KM100, '80 SR500, '78 XS650, '06 DL650, '10 MG V7C, '12 MG Griso 8V SE, '12 Kaw Nomad -John

JoniJo

You're correct in questioning my connecting my 2001 ride with the DDSR. I've since had someone "jog" my memory. I rode with a group from Omaha that met up with a group from Minnesota. The Minnesota people put the ride together. Soooo, this will be my 1st ride with the DDSR and second off-road ride in the Hills.

Also... at one time I mentioned that I was renting a room at FNF and would have room for another gal that might need a place to stay. That's changed. My husband Jeff has decided to come out. No, he isn't going to ride. He doesn't do "dirt". We have relatives in Rapid so while we're out riding, he'll be tossing back Fat Tire with his brother and his Dad. Now, you might be thinking he's the smarter of the two of us. THINK AGAIN!!!!  :D

Really looking forward to the ride and meeting some neat new people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Joni
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

hayduke.klr07

howdy--

i'm in for riding.   but a definite maybe for camping.

anybody looking for a low mileage klr?  would be perfect for this rally.  sportfaller, what about Emma?  it's been lowered.  i'm feeling guilty that my pop hasn't sold it yet. :-[