News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Official Sign-Up Thread

Started by The Yeti, May 06, 2010, 10:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

I updated the food in the first post. Mrs. Yeti and I weren't expecting the turn-out we have for Thursday night and decided that chickens would be too much work.  ;D  We're bringing chili & nachos instead! There will be more than enough, and probably left overs to last a couple days for lunches, snacks, whatever.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

The Yeti

I just talked with the FnF to update them on our totals and they would like to know the sizes of RVs we are bringing. So, could all of you that are bringing RVs let me know what size yours is?

Dr Psyko

11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

flexlarson

Did I say I was coming? Well I am

Brian (The boss) is coming he just picked up a KLR. We will also be heading out after the ralley to Colorado.
"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
... it gets harder before it gets hard.... Get up here..

Osnabrock

I'm looking forward to riding the trails this year.
On the road in one week!!!
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

Caseyjones

I (and maybe wife) plan to attend but wont be camping as I live a short distance away, ordering my 14t today.  This is sounding life FUN!! I would like to contribute so if I can bring something please let me know.

The Yeti

Got you on the list, Tony! This will be your first DDSR rally, right?

Quote from: Caseyjones on June 02, 2010, 08:37:30 AM
I would like to contribute so if I can bring something please let me know.

Well, dinner on Saturday is still up in the air, but Chad and/or Brian usually bring something, although I haven't heard anything from either of them on food, sooo.....

BUT, since you aren't camping, I can't expect you to feed us and then leave...that just seems wrong somehow.   ;D

Caseyjones

This will be my first, I'm really looking forward to it!

I cant bring to much food on my bike but I should be able to bring something if not a full meal, maybe to offset things a bit.

hipster

Yeti,
I'm in, this will be my first DDSR rally!  I'll be tent camping from Thursday thru Saturday.  Looking forward to riding the Black Hills area.

Tom

The Yeti

Quote from: Caseyjones on June 02, 2010, 04:53:39 PM
This will be my first, I'm really looking forward to it!

I cant bring to much food on my bike but I should be able to bring something if not a full meal, maybe to offset things a bit.

Snacks: chips, jerky, Oreos (mmmm) etc. are always appreciated by all!

The Yeti

Quote from: hipster on June 02, 2010, 05:11:15 PM
Yeti,
I'm in, this will be my first DDSR rally!  I'll be tent camping from Thursday thru Saturday.  Looking forward to riding the Black Hills area.

Tom

Gotcha on the list!

Wow, we're up to a total of 29! This may be the biggest rally we've ever had.   ;D :chug

grubbie

The wife and I offered to make sloppy joes for the group Friday night. We are getting a pretty good sized group here. Can we get a count on how many will be there for dinner that night (including wives or whoever else will be there)? We need to know how much to make. You can PM me with your info so this thread doesn't get so long. Also, I see folks offering to help. I wouldn't be against someone else bringing buns, chips, salad, or whatever you like.

Wacked

Mr Yeti -

Bumped into your upcoming rally via ADVrider last weekend.   Fantasized about it for a couple of days and then re-arranged my schedule at work.  I'd to be #30. 

What about it?  Will you take a putzer from Upper Dakota and his Transalp?  I'd be coming from Fargo, bringing a tent, and would camp the nights of 17, 18, and 19.

Wacked

The Yeti

Hi Wacked! Any and all riders (and non-riding friends & family) are welcome!  Got you on the list.

The Yeti

Quote from: grubbie on June 03, 2010, 10:10:38 PM
The wife and I offered to make sloppy joes for the group Friday night. We are getting a pretty good sized group here. Can we get a count on how many will be there for dinner that night (including wives or whoever else will be there)? We need to know how much to make. You can PM me with your info so this thread doesn't get so long. Also, I see folks offering to help. I wouldn't be against someone else bringing buns, chips, salad, or whatever you like.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting such a big turn-out either! There are usually multiple bags of chips floating around at any given time, so that won't be a problem. If someone wants to volunteer to bring buns and salads, that would be great!

From my count, we will have around 22 for dinner Friday night.
Here's a recipe for sloppy joes for 100 people, so you could just make 1/4 recipe and be fine.
http://www.ellenskitchen.com/bigpots/bbentree5.html

We would need about 5-6lbs of salads (potato, macaroni, 3 bean, whatever).

We will have a large roaster to cook/keep warm the sloppy joe meat if needed.