News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Official Sign-Up Thread

Started by The Yeti, May 06, 2010, 10:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

Quote from: OOFDA on June 15, 2010, 09:18:45 AM
Finally the time is nigh! Myself and another rider will arrive F&F late Wed night. Plan on doing some sight seeing Thur and Fri. Stop by for some meet and greet along with a cold beverage! Don't know when we will be in camp but can be reached on 319-750-4773 and will meet somewhere. Just remember "the second BSer doesn't stand a chance".

OOFDA

Did you call FnF and let them know you're showing up a day early? I'm sure there's plenty of room, but you may get stuck away from the DDSR area. And, am I correct in assuming you won't be riding with us until Saturday? Also, I've got you down for yourself plus 3...are you only bringing 1 extra now?

See you in a couple days!
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

iceycold

Hello all, got the oil changed on the new to me 500mi clean DR 650. So with breaking complete I will be there maybe Thursday or Fri. But 100% effort and 90% probably Sat. No camping as FnF is really only about 1 hr or less from house. naturally I will be with the group that takes the new bike clean mud free trails (in the words of the famous Yeti {I hate mud})... mmm that kinda sounded like pavement  :-\ well anyway looking forward to it. sorry about the last minute notice.
DL1000- 07 >gone but not forgotten<
R12RT- 08
DR 650- 09
for God sake do it before 2012

The Yeti

Got you on the list Icey.  I've kinda got a love/hate thing going with the mud these days...the WRR seems to really like the stuff, me not so much!

See you there!

fringefan

I think Ryan, the two Brian's, and myself with either be there Fri night or worst case first thing Sat Morning. I might try to meet up with you guys some time friday around noon but Ryan needs to wrench on his bike Fri night when he gets into Rapid.

If any of you guys are in Rapid thurs night we are grilling for my daughters b-day around 5-6pm.  

The Yeti

Quote from: fringefan on June 15, 2010, 10:23:41 AM
I think Ryan, the two Brian's, and myself with either be there Fri night or worst case first thing Sat Morning. I might try to meet up with you guys some time friday around noon but Ryan needs to wrench on his bike Fri night when he gets into Rapid.

If any of you guys are in Rapid thurs night we are grilling for my daughters b-day around 5-6pm.  

WTF? Really?!  Won't be the same without you guys for two nights....   :'(  Plus, Brian was s'posed to trailer my bike up for me on Thursday...hmmmm.

OOFDA

Yes, I did notify F&F and they said they could accomodate us and will try to get us with the DDSR group. The final count coming from Iowa is 5. The other 3 will show up Thursday night. If the group is riding Friday we plan on going with. If you have a set time to report on Fri please let me know. We have no special plans, just glad to be included in the ride. Possibly we can sponsor a ride for you folks in our neck of the woods! I have lodging for 4 people at my place and I am sure the others will chip in. Again, it is a real treat to be included! We don't expect to participate in your meals unless we can pay. I am bringing a barbeque (sp) and would be glad to throw something on for someone. The last thing we want to do is create any issues.

OOFDA

fringefan

I only talked to him about Fri and I know but I can't leave Mr back rub at my house trying to work on his bike by himself. I am talking my girls to Vivian on Fri morning early so I should be able to ride some time on Fri and just head back Fri night.

numb41

I plan on being at the FnF fri afternoon (noon-2pm).  Is there going to be someone at the camp all day directing traffic, or should we just hang around until a group forms and them go out and ride. (I think I just answered my own question).  If we need to share phone #'s let me know.

The Yeti

Quote from: OOFDA on June 15, 2010, 10:50:21 AM
...If you have a set time to report on Fri please let me know...We don't expect to participate in your meals unless we can pay...The last thing we want to do is create any issues.

OOFDA

Let's say Friday at 9am, probably roll out around 9:30 or 10am.

I'm gonna have more chili and nachos than I know what to do with on Thursday night, you guys are all welcome to dig in! No issues...it's all good!  ;D

The Yeti

Quote from: numb41 on June 15, 2010, 10:59:25 AM
I plan on being at the FnF fri afternoon (noon-2pm).  Is there going to be someone at the camp all day directing traffic, or should we just hang around until a group forms and them go out and ride. (I think I just answered my own question).  If we need to share phone #'s let me know.

Well, I know for sure that my wife will be there (she doesn't ride). I'll give her a plan of where my group plans to be and when...this could turn out to be accurate or wildly in-accurate depending on how lost we get.  ;D

My cell is 605-381-thirteen-seventy-six, but the coverage up there is spotty at best.

loingrader

I am planning on being at FNF at around 1pm on friday.  After i set up camp, I'll take out whoever wants to go.  I can point you to the fun boulder strewn trails but I'll be sticking to the easier stuff because my little sister will be in tow and i want her to have a good time.  She just got her motorcycle license today.

I assume that people will be arriving at different times throughout the weekend so it will be easy to just tag along with someone.  Great trails are everywhere though so don't feel like you have to wait for a tourguide.

-Bret
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

Just got a call from flexlarson, he is OUT.

Hank

Unless the weather really gets ugly, I have Kurt riding with me from Watertown.
He'll be camping all three nights, I'm just camping Thursday.

We're riding out Thursday with Onsabrock, Hipster (from MSP) and Wacked (Fargo).

The Yeti

Updated FOOD in first post. Littlejacket is bringing pulled pork for Saturday night!

Hey excess, you still planning on bringing some of yer mom's quiche, or what??   ;D

plumber mike

I'll be out Friday & Saturday for sure. No camping for me since the FNF is a few short trail miles from home.