News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

2010 Fall Rally

Started by JoniJo, June 20, 2010, 09:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoniJo

Sorry, I had soooo much fun this past weekend I had to be the first to post on this thread. Count me in!!!!! Just let me know the dates so I can mark my calender. You guys are the best!!!! I'd ride with you anytime!!!!!
Thanks for an awesome June Rally!!!!!!!!!!   ;D
                                                                                                             Joni
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

plumber mike

I'll be there too. What a good bunch to ride with.

I'd watch out for this one though.

fringefan

Lets get the dates in the book because most places close after Labor Day weekend and Fish N Fry closes the week of the Sept 20th so we will need to give them a heads up. I am all for the northern hills again because there is so much I have not ridden.

loingrader

Ryan wanted it a week earlier so it would be a little warmer.

i don't know how much difference 1 week makes but i really have no preference.

3rd week in june and 3rd week in sept are easy to remember.

that would be sept 16-19
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

fringefan

3rd week in Sept works for me and I think I might go ahead and call it for then, any objections?

For those that have not been to the fall ralley it is usually a smaller group and it is the one we ride mostly the fun stuff but that is up to each individual rider.

plumber mike

Quote from: fringefan on June 21, 2010, 10:21:00 PM
3rd week in Sept works for me and I think I might go ahead and call it for then, any objections?

Do you even have that kind of authority ::)

Any later and snow could be a problem :-X

It's settled then. I love it when a plan comes together.

The Yeti

Not so fast guys!  ;D

The dates are fine by me, but I'm trying to find out what kind of deal we can get at Nemo Guest Ranch for the Fall rally, I think it may be even cheaper than FnF.  I may not get to it this week, but will next week for sure.

I would really like to try out NGR at least once, I really like their location better than FnF...still close enough to the northern trails, but also closer to the south trails. But, if everyone else wants to go back to FnF, that's fine too.

After all Gary & Michelle did for me on Saturday, not to mention all they've done for all of us, I certainly don't want them to feel like we've abandoned them...so I think we should make FnF the permanent June rally locale, and maybe move the fall rally around to different camps. What do you guys think?
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

loingrader

i'm up for anything yeti. 

june at fnf and try the sept at ngr works for me.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

fringefan

Never paid much attention but do they have gas at NGR? Need to see what other trails they have around nemo other than pilot knob/trail 89. You did a great job with the last one so if you want you can take the lead on this one as well ;D

The Yeti

That's a good point, I'm not sure if they have gas there or not. I know there's not a convenience store anywhere close.

I don't want to step on any toes, so if you or anyone else want to take the reins on this one, it's fine with me!  ;D

Just called NGR and they do not have gas there. Closest is Sugar Shack (8 miles?) or next is Boondocks (12 miles). Think that could pose a problem, or no big deal?

There are a TON of trails right around Nemo, but don't forget, it's also closer to the southern trails, and that opens up a whole new world for us. I'd have to take a close look at the maps to figure out some good rides though.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

fringefan

Quote from: The Yeti on June 22, 2010, 09:43:34 AM
That's a good point, I'm not sure if they have gas there or not. I know there's not a convenience store anywhere close.

I don't want to step on any toes

Not at all. You did a great job and I can pretty much assure you neither Brian or Ryan would object ;D
My only concern is food, beer, shelter, and gas. I know they have a resturaunt in Nemo but end of the day it might take a little more planning.

loingrader

it's really nice being able to walk to the gas station and bring back a case of beer/food/whatever.

it's also nice being able to gas up quickly before hitting the trails, especially for the bikes with the little tanks.

again, not a deal breaker, but something nice about fnf.

mommer

ooh buddy. ill still be arround.. just gotta find some way to get the xr4 up here from salida! more trails you say??

grubbie

I know I'm new but my two cents;
FnF did great! Location and services nearby. They really rolled out the welcome mat, too. I am all for having the summer rally there again. I wouldn't mind a change of scenery for fall though, only eight miles to gas isn't bad, coming from a guy with a small tank. If I'm too worried about it I'll bring a can and top off when I get back to camp, or just syphon from a KLR when everyone goes to sleep.

fringefan

That is if any KLR's show up, oh yeah I forgot they are the most popular bike ;D