News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

2010 Fall Rally

Started by JoniJo, June 20, 2010, 09:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agspecialties

We stay at Nemo Guest Ranch all the time. Great Place. That is where i stayed for the summer rally this year. Won't trade it for nothing.
You have a lot of trails to jump on from there. Gas is at suger shack, which is a short ride on 208 rode.

Just a great place to stay

JoniJo

Just wanted to add......

Really missed seeing the Yeti Family at the Rally!!!!!!!   :'(

I'm just sayin'.......                                    Joni
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

plumber mike

Quote from: JoniJo on September 20, 2010, 06:38:50 AM
Just wanted to add......

Really missed seeing the Yeti Family at the Rally!!!!!!!   :'(

I'm just sayin'.......                                    Joni

The Yeti

I really missed being there!  Work had me busy all weekend, and I never did get my radiator repaired (was supposed to hook up with someone on Friday, but never happened).   I'm sending it off today to Myler's in Utah (got some great reviews from local shops and online).

I am really regretting not getting to meet the legend, Malcolm Smith!  Could someone fill me in on what he was doing here and how he ended up in Nemo??

Did anyone have any trouble with the campsites?  How was it staying at Nemo Guest Ranch as opposed to the Fish N Fry?  Where did you guys ride?  I hope you found some really good trails.  I heard that Joni was "injured", what's that story??  Typically, I missed another chance to ride with Brian....sorry bro.   :'( :-*
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

grubbie

NGR was great! We couldn't get there Friday like we had planned, the wind was so bad here at home it would have blown our camp trailer over if we tried to hit the road. I called NGR, he gave me his personal cell phone and said call any time of the night if needed. We waited till Saturday morning to head out. When we got there, I insisted on paying for both nights, it only seemed fair. He wouldn't take my money for Friday night. Oh and breakfast at the restaraunt in the morning was gooooooood! (I highly recommend the western omelette.) I really only got to ride once, Pilot Knob. Loved every piece of it. Drove my pickup up the back side of it trying to rescue a broke down DRZ...........it would have been much more fun on the WR, the Dodge rides like a friggin lumber wagon. Anyway, I thought NGR was great, did a little exploring and found all kinds of good riding very close by.

Wacked

Another absolutely sweet rally!

Big Thanks
- to Yeti for all the arrangements ......   arrangements he didn't get to enjoy!
- to Joni for rescuing a day of riding by bringing warm gear from Cabela's
- to locals Jacin, Dave, Dick, and Bob for leading or suggesting awesome tours
- to Rich for the "special pot of Chili" that didn't get eaten
- Jerry for showing us that not all top riders get their skills dessert racing in Cali-forn-I-A.  Incredible. 
   Hope Tucker Rocky features you at their next event!

I look forward to next year

Wacked!!

Hank

Wow, I'm really sorry I missed it all, including Malcom Smith!

I actually was in Rapid all weekend, got a surprise request on Wed to come out an help on an installation for work, and am still here Monday night.  I though I might be able to sneak out to NGR, but so far its been 13-17 hr work days, so time for anything but workin, eatin, and sleepin.

Glad you all had fun!

Someone post some pics???

And whats the deal with a broken down DRZ.  They don't break down :)

JoniJo

An open letter to my fellow DDSR Rally Buds........

Random thoughts....here we go.........

Had an awesome ride on Friday. Pace was good with a little technical stuff mixed in. Loved it!!! Jacin, nice job of leading us around! I'd love to ride Pilot Knob again but maybe a little earlier in the day when my stamina is still in gonzo mode.

By the way, I think I figured out why my bike was bogging down a little but more on that later.

A little injury....yeah, but not bad. Riding up and down that first rocky trail was no big deal until I reached the bottom and a small log jammed up my front wheel. I was only doing 2 or 3 miles/hour but it caused the bike to stop abruptly while I was still standing on the pegs and the little KLX just pitched me to the dirt. I knew when I stood up that I pulled my hamstring in my left leg. Shake it off......it'll be OK.

I'm still limping a little bit but I'm sure I can walk it off in a week or so. NO HELICOPTERS WERE CALLED IN!!!!!!!!

I hated to leave Saturday morning. I really wanted to ride...however...after weighing the pros and cons I decided to lose this one skirmish to come back and win the war at a later date. Y'know when you get a little older, you evaluate things a bit differently. God....it hurts even saying that. Believe me, it was a very long ride home thinking about what I was missing.

Malcolm Smith. What a great man. A true legend and a gentleman. When I was growing up I should have been reading Sixteen Magazine but noooo...I was reading Dirt Bike. It was a true honor to meet him. He talked to you like he'd known you for years. Maybe that's what the "Brotherhood/Sisterhood" of motorcycling is all about.

I wish I lived closer to the Black Hills. I'm just sayin'.......

If not sooner, I'll see you for the 2011 Spring Rally. Count me in!!!!!!!

I feel better now. Maybe I can get some sleep.

Thanks to everyone for great, albiet short weekend!!!

Your Riding buddy, JoniJo

P.S. Those Snickers were $15.00 a piece. Cough up the dough!!!   ;)

JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

plumber mike

Quote from: Hank on September 20, 2010, 09:04:36 PM

And whats the deal with a broken down DRZ.  They don't break down :)

They don't break down, they break open ;D

Malcolm heard that the DDSR gang would be there, so he didn't wan't to miss us :D Who can blame him.

Just for the record, I had NO snickers :P But Jerry fed me well Saturday night. Thanks!!!

snooker

Again, thanks for letting me join your group this year, it was really fun and worth the drive from Colorado!  Great bunch of riders to hang with.  The weather late Friday was so bizarre, following Plumber Mike's dust cloud with fog so dense that was all over my shield and turned to mud.  At least Saturday cleared up a bit.  Here are some pics... and I posted one of Malcom in the Malcom Smith thread.
      Thanks Mike!

snooker

OK...   So you've got a DRZ with a hole in the engine case.    Ride 2-up to go back with the gang to tow it out.   Or maybe we can fix it and ride it out?   But how do you plug the hole?  That was THE thought running through everyone's mind.   Gum, JB Weld, nobody had anything!   Then Jerry's light bulb went on bright enough to blind everyone standing around thinking...      An ear plug!     BRILLIANT !    But we'll need some oil no doubt.     Plumber Mike said no prob I've got 3 quarts of Mobil 1 !   Here's the photo story...

AncientMariner

Crap, did I ever miss something.  I didn't get my squashed self out of the hospital in Scottsbluff until the 17th.  Yeti, I know your pain re the cost of a chopper flight.  Yikes! 

Missing Malcolm Smith, though... that really hurts.  I've owned "On Any Sunday" for many years.  That and "Long Way Round," are among my all time favorites.
'01 TTR125L, '01 WR426 plated, '00 Super Sherpa, '81 KM100, '80 SR500, '78 XS650, '06 DL650, '10 MG V7C, '12 MG Griso 8V SE, '12 Kaw Nomad -John

grubbie

Shortly after the DRZ failure,......here comes Dave on the mighty TW........