News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

greetings

Started by drdon, August 14, 2008, 10:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drdon

Hi, I live in the Black Hills, have for the last 28 yrs.  I have had a plethora of dirt bikes, starting with a Yamaha XT250 that I bought new in '80 when I moved here from Ohio.  Now have a 1200GS, 400XC-W, and a G650 X-Challenge.  Every year I ride in the Black Hills, I manage to find a new area to ride in.  That will be coming to a close soon, with the Forrest Service's new policies, however there will always be more than enough roads and 4- wheeler/ATV trails to take.  The Black Hills is the most heavily roaded (per Sq. Mi.) National Forrest in the U.S.  Join the S.D. OHV. Coalition to help keep it open:  www.sdohvc.org   Thanks, Don
DL1000, KLX400, WR250R

fringefan

Don
Good to see you made it aboard. I will check out the site get registered.

Do you still have your KLR250?

The Yeti

Welcome Don!

I've heard very differing opinions on the new ORV rules in the Black Hills....from, "There's not gonna be anywhere left to ride", to, "Dual sport riders are hardly going to be affected"...what's your understanding of the new rules?
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

loingrader

don, thanks for the link to the sdohvc.  i assumed an entity such as that existed in south dakota, but i did not know for sure.  it would benefit us all to get involved.

and fringe, the klr250 is gone. 

-bret
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

fringefan

After reading throught some of the info I got the impression there would still be over 3k miles of trails avail to motorized travel. Unless I am reading that wrong?

I know from a cycling standpoint the forrest service is becoming more proactive in allowing and building mt bike/hiking trails and getting permission from private parties. I can understand why they want to manage the trails when you see what the 4 wheelers do and they require little to no skill to ride.

Jud

Hi, Don.
Thanks for getting Craig fixed up with a tire and on the road. We never saw him in Miller. He rode straight through, getting back to Red Wing sometime after 1:00 am.