News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Rally Recap

Started by loingrader, June 21, 2010, 10:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loingrader

Just wanted to thank everyone who could make it out this year.  It seems that everyone had a pretty good time, which is awesome with the turn out we had.

Thanks to Yeti for setting up the camping and for giving us quite a show with the chopper ride.

Thanks to Grubbie, Excess and LittleJacket for providing the great food.

Thanks to Sportfaller for the firewood and to Dr Psycho and Jake for splitting it for us.

I know that I missed some people, but hey, we appreciate you guys too!

It is also great that with all the people we had that no one left their crap around their campsite, everyone was considerate of different rider's skill levels, and no one was too loud or obnoxious so that we will still be welcome at Fish N Fry.  We dual sport riders are one hell of a bunch of good folks!

Thanks again and we will see you in Sept.

Loingrader - Bret
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

Completely agree!   I wish I could have been there Friday night and more Saturday, but even with the limited time I spent there this was one great rally.
The riding was a blast, and everyone was fantastic!

I'm afraid I didn't even get to meet everyone this time.   Maybe next time.

fringefan

Agreed. I was amazed at how many really good riders we had this year and even though I did not get a chance to ride with everyone the guys I did ride with I had a blast. Found some new trails to ride and really need to explore the trails we found on Sunday morning because one of them  might be the second best trail I have ridden out here next to the singletrack that hooks up to trail 89. The bottom comes out in Butchers Gulch in Galena which means we came down it and only hit one trail but there where a couple trails that split off of it. I will explore them over the summer so we can hit them this fall.

grubbie

You couldn't slap the smile from my face, even today. What a great time I had! I really only got in on one group ride and that was when Yeti got bucked off. Thanks to all the regulars for showing us around and making us feel so welcome. See you in September!!!!!!

mommer

same, same, and same... i just met a lot of really good... great new ridin friends... thanks for all the south dakota hospitality!! i had soo much fun. cant wait for the next dual sport... i mean singletrack on a 9fiddy kinda ride with you guys... ill still be arround in september it sounds like... so see you all then!! :thumb

Hank

Hey even if you're not around I hope you make the next one.  CO aint that far on nine-fiddy!

Sorry I missed you bashing that beast through camp 5!

I'm looking forward to fall already.  What a fun time this rally was, and I missed half of it!   I think the DRZ will have a smaller front sprocket next time out.  My only issue was stalling due to high gearing and modest bottom end torque.   It won't get put on till I get there tho!  It screams loud enough at 70 as is.

numb41

Hey guys, Thanks for the fun weekend!  After the rain. I figured I'd be screwed on those trails.  Besides, I had a hangover to nurse.  Yeti, I'll add my get well wishes the list.  Didn't get a chance to 'officially' meet you; you were out crashing while I sat in the sturgis motosport parking lot waiting for my new battery to get charged up.  I had the luck(???) to meet Plumber Mike and Fridge Fan right off the bat - holy shit!  Those guys play hard! Rob, Heidi. Bret,Beth,Ryan(?), Austin (I suck at remembering names) great to meet you all.  I haven't checked out the fall rally time yet - hard for me to plan that far ahead.  There's too much riding to do before then anyway.  Look forward to hooking up with y'all.  DDSR rocks!!  ( I ddn't mean that as a pun Alan. but then again... :)

fringefan

Quote from: numb41 on June 21, 2010, 10:10:15 PM
  I had the luck(???) to meet Plumber Mike and Fridge Fan right off the bat - holy shit!  Those guys play hard! Rob

Okay I have been called lots of things but a fridge, that hurts and don't use the typing thing as an excuse because the d and the n are not that close ;)

mommer

loingrader

Quote from: fringefan on June 21, 2010, 10:15:54 PM
I have been called lots of things but a fridge, that hurts

that is awesome.  truth is what really hurts isn't it chad?  :)
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

numb41

LOL!  What can I say, my attention deficiency disorder flared up.  Sorry Chad - I promise to get it right from now on!

fringefan

that is awesome.  truth is what really hurts isn't it chad?  :)
[/quote]

LOL yeah no one will mistake me for my sister when I am riding down the trail though  :-*

loingrader

i've got 60 pounds on my sister.  you have probably got closer to 120 on yours but i doubt too many would mistake me for beth. 

or maybe that was not a stab at me...

either way, i really like fridge fan.  makes me laugh every time i see it.

fringefan

Or a 150lbs but it helps level the playing field and makes it a little more challenging ;D

Not sure what made me more sore today the ralley, ryan talking me into mt biking Sunday when we got back and I had a couple beers thinkin I am done, or my soccer game last night but my legs and feet are a little stiff. I thought for sure Ryan would crack half way up M-Hill but the guy has some heart and pretty decent cardio.

Dr Psyko

Hi to everyone!

Jake and I had a seriously great time and will be back! Jake is hooked and wants to bring a friend with for the next rally (Natch). It didn't stop him from jumping on his R6 almost as soon as we got home though. Front to back we ended up at 1672 miles. Love all the pictures folks! Yeti, stay down! Joanie, thanks a ton!
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.