News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Rally Recap

Started by loingrader, June 21, 2010, 10:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AncientMariner

Saturday afternoon the little Super Sherpa did its first single track (and my first).  I was a little too busy tending to my own survival to actually witness the successful negotiating of Pilot Knob (I think) single track by two Katoom 950s, but I know they did it because I saw them at the start and the finish.  Holy guacamole, Batman!  It's truly humbling.
'01 TTR125L, '01 WR426 plated, '00 Super Sherpa, '81 KM100, '80 SR500, '78 XS650, '06 DL650, '10 MG V7C, '12 MG Griso 8V SE, '12 Kaw Nomad -John

fringefan

You did awesome. I had no idea those little Sherpa's are that capable and any one that can ride that single track trail keeping up with the group we had can ride about any trail out here.

mommer

Quote from: AncientMariner on June 22, 2010, 09:52:23 AM
Saturday afternoon the little Super Sherpa did its first single track (and my first).  I was a little too busy tending to my own survival to actually witness the successful negotiating of Pilot Knob (I think) single track by two Katoom 950s, but I know they did it because I saw them at the start and the finish.  Holy guacamole, Batman!  It's truly humbling.

first ever singletrack!!! right on!! you did awesome! now you are past the nervousness of the first! hope to see you out there for many more.. this world is full of singletrack... and don't worry.. all bikes get tired!  ;)

mommer

first singletrack huh? here's one for the scrapbook

Caseyjones

I wanted to extend a thanks to the group for not leaving me hanging with a flat, also a thanks for the hand in repairing it on the trail.

Thanks gents!

Osnabrock

What a blast!
Thanks everyone for sharing their trail knowledge, food, and hospitality.
I'm glad that I got some trail time after just passing through last year.  I'll be holding the time in my calender for next summer's rally.  Sadly, this fall is not looking too good for me.
I hope to reciprocate by posting a few good trail events here in MN for all who are interested. 
-John
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

LittleJacket

Great meeting everyone!  I agree, with "FriDge fan"  :D, a lot of great riders showed up this year!  Thanks everyone for putting for the effort to come our little rally!  If Alan keeps putting this all together, we might have something special amongst dual sport gatherings!  Thanks Alan! 
rpjohnso

AncientMariner

Quote from: mommer on June 22, 2010, 10:26:47 PM
don't worry.. all bikes get tired!  ;)

Jeez, with a little concerted effort I'd almost forgotten about the little mud nap  :-\.  Thanks for reminding me. :D

Thanks for posting the pix.  I copied them to my rally picture folder.

John
'01 TTR125L, '01 WR426 plated, '00 Super Sherpa, '81 KM100, '80 SR500, '78 XS650, '06 DL650, '10 MG V7C, '12 MG Griso 8V SE, '12 Kaw Nomad -John