News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

4th July - fireworks viewing?

Started by Caseyjones, June 23, 2010, 10:12:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caseyjones

Anyone interested in or know of a great spot from which to view fireworks?  Where can we go on the bikes to get a great vantage and leave the general public crowded shoulder to shoulder on the pavement somewhere? 

Alan told me about a decent place last year, maybe if hes not to hopped up on pain killers he will remind me where that was  ;D
Sound like fun to anyone else?

fringefan

I think there is a rugged jeep trail that has a view of mt rushmore and the fireworks but I do not personally know where it is.

loingrader

if/when anyone finds it, put it in your GPS so we can find it later.  I bet that is a cool trail.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

excess

I heard no rushmore fireworks this year? I could be wrong

plumber mike

Quote from: excess on June 23, 2010, 05:31:40 PM
I heard no rushmore fireworks this year? I could be wrong

X2

It's a small town :)

The Yeti

"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Caseyjones

I believe that would be correct on the Mt Rushmore show, I remember something about that last year and forgot about it until now.  I believe there are others and probably good places from which to view.

Who else puts on a good show?

fringefan

There is usually one at memorial park which Larson and I can see from our houses if anyone is interested in a potluck.

plumber mike

Ok. You bring the pot, and i'll bring the luck ;)

Lead puts on a spectacular display that is shot out of the base of the open cut and seem like they go off right in front of you. Good stuff.

Caseyjones

I think the lead show sounds good, I've heard some good things about it.  A question for anyone having attended it before, where is the best place to watch from, maybe something to avoid hordes of people?

Anyone else interested in coming along?