News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

My GS (no it's not a BMW)

Started by Hank, May 02, 2009, 08:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleJacket

the bike is growing on me except for the drab color.  Maybe black or Yellow or metallic light green or something.  Some say the KLR is ugly as shit, especially the army green, but I love it anyway.  It IS all about riding.  Hopefully time will prevail and we can do a W-town tech day soon. 
rpjohnso

Hank

Fringefan has given me such a complex that I'm letting the old girl go.    I'm ashamed to ride her.

Just kidding...   :chug

..but I think it will be gone on Wed.     I found a guy who wants it and he's got a bike I want so we're trading.
I'm not going to jinx it by sharing details yet... but stay tuned!

The Yeti

Damn Hank, you go through bikes like I go through...ummm...well....bikes!  ;D
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Hank

When it comes to bikes I have a problem.   I'll be the first to admit it.
No, my wife will be the first to admit it (or accuse me), but lets not split hairs.   She says I'm fickle and have a short attention span when it comes to bikes and hobbies in general.  I just think its fun to try new stuff.

I did tell her however that I won't buy/sell/fantasize about more/different bikes for a few years.
I'm also reducing herd count (and $s invested) because I'm trading the 1100, selling the 400, and I'm parting out the XT500.   

That 500 just got the best of me..... I couldn't ever see it getting done.  Wasn't worth the dollars required to finish it.  The only way I could come close to recooping my costs was to part it, which is kind of sad, but so far its going well.

And so I'll be down to two.   That's not so bad, is it?

Caseyjones

I have to say, I think its a cool bike. A long time ago I had a silver GS850 (L... I think). Very nice bike and looked great in a quarter fairing. A great riding bike and would outperform my XS1100, dang all these classics.  Nice to see someone taking care of the classics and actually riding them.

LittleJacket

rpjohnso

Hank

As in knock on wood real hard?     

Doesn't matter.   GS is gone.   Traded it (and a little cash) for a 97 blackbird.   Pics and details to come!

Also took the DRZ down to Power Brokers in SF.   He thinks he can sell it.

Dustin

The Blackbird looks pretty awesome!!  Even rain didn't stop him from riding into work today.  :D

loingrader

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro