News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Official Sign-Up Thread

Started by The Yeti, July 06, 2010, 09:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

Quote from: fringefan on July 07, 2010, 02:05:03 PM
What is the cost on camping and sorry if I missed it.

Sorry, I haven't got that info yet...waiting for a call back from the NGR folks.

I may have jumped the gun a bit posting up the Sign-Up thread without such info, but I was just too excited to wait any longer!  ;D

I'm guessing it will be very close to, if not less than what we paid at FnF.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

The Yeti

Quote from: The Yeti on July 07, 2010, 05:17:17 PM
Quote from: fringefan on July 07, 2010, 02:05:03 PM
What is the cost on camping and sorry if I missed it.

Sorry, I haven't got that info yet...waiting for a call back from the NGR folks.

I may have jumped the gun a bit posting up the Sign-Up thread without such info, but I was just too excited to wait any longer!  ;D

I'm guessing it will be very close to, if not less than what we paid at FnF.

OK, got the rates...not as good as I hoped, but still not bad:

Tents - $12 per person/night
RVs/Campers - $20 per night

Hope this is OK with everybody, it's the best I could do.  8)  I updated the first post in this thread with these rates and some more info.

The Yeti

The Yeti

Updated "RIDES". If you read the rides for the June rally, it's exactly the same....more to come (I hope)!

http://dev.dakotadualsportriders.com/smf/index.php?topic=491.msg4160#msg4160

OOFDA

Also....I'm thinking about getting into the GPS thing. Any recommendations on brand/models, etc.?        

JoniJo

I recently bought a Garmin 76CSX which an updated version of the 60 series. I like it really well except it is hard to see account the small screen. This is true of any brand unless you spend big bucks and get into the larger screen models. The initial expense of buying the receiver is about $300. What gets really expensive is buying the maps. I bought the Garmin 24K maps which have the most detail but are priced at $130 apiece and cover only a portion of the US. To cover the complete USA you will need 6 maps. Soooo I have more invested in maps than the receiver! I went with the Garmin brand account they have the best maps and can link with Goggle Earth. I used it in the BH and found it to be very accurate. You definately need a paper map and compass also account the names of the roads in Garmin do not always correspond with the names on the map. I surely don't want to discourage you from using GPS because if I, one who is computer challenged, can figure it out you surely can.

Thanks again for the great ride!!!
OOFDA

Sorry Alan - I really should have started another topic.

Wacked

YETI -

June was such a rocking good time, how could I pass up the DDSR's Fall ride???  Please sign me up for a tent site on the 16th, 17, 18.

Thanks for your efforts to coordinate this event.

Wacked

Number One

Count me in , being that I will have a bike by then.  Most likely I will be staying with Crazy Uncle Larry so no camping for me.

excess

@yeti
You get any cabin rates.
I'm in for Thurs-sunday

The Yeti

Quote from: excess on July 09, 2010, 12:44:55 PM
You get any cabin rates.

Nope. But if you check out their website, they're all pretty expensive. $90/night is the cheapest.  :o

Hank

I'm sure I'm in too, most likely camping.   Not sure how many or what days though!

The Yeti

Quote from: Hank on July 09, 2010, 03:07:24 PM
I'm sure I'm in too, most likely camping.   Not sure how many or what days though!

Let me know whenever you know!

Nobody tagging along with you as of yet?

plumber mike

Hank

Do the 90 dollar cabins have plumbing and how many beds per cabin?  If I wasn't posting from my phone I'd check myself!

The Yeti

Quote from: Hank on July 09, 2010, 08:37:41 PM

Do the 90 dollar cabins have plumbing and how many beds per cabin?  If I wasn't posting from my phone I'd check myself!

I would expect that if you told them you were with DDSR, you could get a 20% discount on these rates since that's what she gave me for the tent & RV sites.

These are all their cabins, from their website:

BAR 5
is vintage Nemo and is our smallest cabin with a bathroom, small kitchenette, a full size bed and covered porch. ($90/night)

DOUBLE T
is another vintage Nemo cabin which looks like the Bar 5 with aged pine, small bathroom, but two bedrooms each with a full size bed and a covered porch. ($98/night)

MARTIN HOUSE
was once a Nemo schoolhouse. This is now two separate units. Each unit has a small bathroom and two rooms each with a double bed. ($98/night)

BOARDING HOUSE
was once the Nemo Hotel. It has been redesigned into a four-plex arrangement with two units upstairs each with two double beds, shower, kitchenette, and outdoor covered porch entrance. The B3 bottom unit has a shower, 2 double beds, double size fouton bunk bed, and deck overlooking the trout stream. The other bottom unit, B4, has a kitchen, living area with fireplace, bedroom and bath. The two bottom units can be opened together to form one unit. ($98/unit/night)

BUNK HOUSE
Once the Doctors Quarters/Infirmary, it has three bedrooms, with a total of four beds, a kitchen and large bathroom. Very sunny and decorated in a comfortable fashion. ($248/night)

TROXELL HOUSE
is an old ranch style house with large living area, kitchen, two downstairs bedrooms each with one double bed, downstairs bathroom, upstairs bedroom with two double beds and two single beds. Comes with a covered porch. ($248/night)

CIRCLE 6
is a two-story cabin with four rooms and six double beds upstairs and one bedroom downstairs, kitchen, living area, dining area and one bathroom. ($298/night)

4-T
Nemo's one-room School House, the 4-T is one of our newly remodeled, fully-winterized cabins, a favorite for Christmas vacationers, snowmobilers and hunters. It has three bedrooms downstairs each with a full bed, a loft with two full size beds, one large bathroom, living area with gas fireplace and kitchen. ($298/night)

BIG HOUSE
is like a large farm/plantation house, our largest cabin, with high ceiling rooms, large livingroom and kitchen and two bathrooms. There are three bedrooms downstairs and three bedrooms upstairs and a total of eight full size beds. This is our favorite family reunion house, large porch and large, grassy, tree-filled yard. ($365/night)

RANCH HOUSE
is newly remodeled and winterized. It has two bathrooms, an upstairs dorm style room with four full size beds, three bedrooms downstairs each with a full size bed, kitchen, and living area with gas fireplace. The Ranch House may be divided into two separate units. ($365/night)

grubbie

My better half and I will be there. RV site, (21'). Friday and Saturday.