News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Official Sign-Up Thread

Started by The Yeti, July 06, 2010, 09:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

Quote from: grubbie on July 12, 2010, 08:51:31 PM
My better half and I will be there. RV site, (21'). Friday and Saturday.

Glad you can make it Grubbie!
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

hellneau

The Yeti

Quote from: hellneau on July 14, 2010, 12:45:45 AM
Count me in too.

Welcome to the board, hellneau! Care to offer up some more details...i.e. what nights are you staying, tent or RV, how many in your party, where you coming from, what are you riding, etc.??   ;D

plumber mike

Quote from: hellneau on July 14, 2010, 12:45:45 AM
Count me in too.

Is that you Rich? Another KLR rider ::)

Welcome. This is a good bunch here. You'll have fun.

excess

I'm gonna do some scouting around nemo on Saturday anybody  interested in joining me. Piedmont fire trail up an over nemo mtn is one of my favorite fast trails. I would also like to try the vanocker side of camp five some jeep guys told me about them and told me my "little dirt bike toy couldn't make it":'(

The Yeti

Quote from: excess on July 15, 2010, 06:15:08 PM
I'm gonna do some scouting around nemo on Saturday anybody  interested in joining me. Piedmont fire trail up an over nemo mtn is one of my favorite fast trails. I would also like to try the vanocker side of camp five some jeep guys told me about them and told me my "little dirt bike toy couldn't make it":'(

I might be up for it...but, it would be my first time back on the bike since the "big crash", so nothing to hairy, OK?  What time you thinking of heading out? We could meet in Piedmont at the gas station.

excess

Anytime is good I'm probably gonna camp on nemo mtn tonight so i can ride the fire road to meet you in piedmont whenever

fringefan

I did some Mt biking last week in the Nemo area that eventually hooked up with pilot knob trail but started farther down the road from pilot knob and found a really nice camp ground back there.

The Yeti

Quote from: fringefan on July 16, 2010, 09:07:23 AM
I did some Mt biking last week in the Nemo area that eventually hooked up with pilot knob trail but started farther down the road from pilot knob and found a really nice camp ground back there.

Would that be Box Elder Forks campground?

The Yeti

Quote from: excess on July 16, 2010, 08:32:10 AM
Anytime is good I'm probably gonna camp on nemo mtn tonight so i can ride the fire road to meet you in piedmont whenever

You get cell service up there? I can give you a call in the morning.

I musta lost your cell #, PM it to me.

hellneau

Welcome to the board, hellneau! Care to offer up some more details...i.e. what nights are you staying, tent or RV, how many in your party, where you coming from, what are you riding, etc.??   

Well, thanks!  Not sure what nights, but at the min, I will be there to ride at least Thursday and Saturday. I would love to tent with you guys, but the mrs is not much of a camper and I live in Deadwood, so the ride back and forth would not be bad. I'll be there by myself, unless you count my KLR as two. I am very new to this dirt stuff, but going after it none the less. I am slow in the dirt, but getting better all the time. Might be able to follow some of you guys  -  some of the time. See you in Sept. 

The Yeti

Quote from: excess on July 16, 2010, 08:32:10 AM

Sorry, but I'm gonna bail on tomorrow. Gonna be REALLY hot, but cooler on Sunday...I think I'll ride Sunday instead.  ;D  And, I still have a few tweaked bits on my bike I need to work on before riding it, and will work on that tomorrow. Plus, I think my first time off road since the crash, I should take it kinda easy...gonna hit some of the easier trails close to home that I'm very familiar with.

Let us know if you find anything really cool up there!

excess

I'm planning on riding some on Sunday out by rockerville if your up for that let me know

fringefan

Would that be Box Elder Forks campground?[/quote]

Yup I think that is it.

I did get a DS ride in this week around Bear Mt lookout and around deerfield lake but did not see much for trails. I wonder since they are national parks in the southern hills it limits the off road trails?

The Yeti

Quote from: excess on July 16, 2010, 05:18:31 PM
I'm planning on riding some on Sunday out by rockerville if your up for that let me know

That's the same area I was planning on riding. Will we be looking for Hippie Hole?  ;D  I'm gonna head out just after lunch, around 1pm. You want to meet at Reptile Gardens?