News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Sunday 7/25 ride.

Started by Sportfaller, July 23, 2010, 08:33:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportfaller

Hey yall, I've got a rather long route planned out for sunday, and was going to put out an invite.  I'm planning on riding Wyoming's canyon country from south to north, Starting east of Newcastle on Beaver creek rd, through parmalee canyon, to mallow, back on beaver creek (FSR 111) to FSR 109, northeast to the buckhorn for a snack, zip up the highway to O'Neil pass, then head off north west up grand canyon/Sand Creek, all the way to Beulah, Wy. Its looking like about 80-100 miles of gravel, plus the travel to Newcastle, and back from Beulah. I wont be tearing it up by any means, I'm running streat tires on my 1200 GSA, so it will be a leisurely ride with lots of photo stops.   SOoOOoOO..... If you are interested, let me know, we can pick a time to meet, somewhere like say hill city or custer, and take it from there.

Here is the GIANT link to my rough map.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=US-16+W&daddr=Beaver+Creek+Rd+to:Beaver+Creek+Rd+to:Parmlee+Rd+to:Boles+Canyon+Rd%2FCo+Rd+117+to:US-85+S+to:Unknown+road+to:Grand+Canyon+Rd+to:Co+Rd+207%2FMoskee+Rd%2FSundance-Moskee+Rd+to:Grand+Canyon+Rd+to:Grand+Canyon+Rd+to:44.54293,-104.080896&hl=en&geocode=FQ6KnAIdpmzL-Q%3BFQTTngIdMLDL-Q%3BFQODoAIdG5TL-Q%3BFRoLoQIdIt_M-Q%3BFXAYogIdTsLN-Q%3BFUx4ogIdTKzM-Q%3BFUwNpAIdqNPL-Q%3BFUhcpAIdYNvK-Q%3BFTqlpAId1wbK-Q%3BFYR-pQIdRGbK-Q%3BFdiHpgIdi-PK-Q%3B&mra=mi&mrcr=8&mrsp=11&sz=13&via=1,3&sll=44.521724,-104.084301&sspn=0.068295,0.132351&ie=UTF8&ll=44.253069,-104.059753&spn=1.097741,2.117615&z=9
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Sportfaller

by the way, my phone is six zero five, four three one, zero one one four
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

plumber mike

Josh- I just replied but it got nuked ??? I have to work tommorrow and won't know until the end of the day if I'm going to work Sunday(I'm way behind, but life is short.....inner battle)

What time were you planning on leaving, and from where?

Sportfaller

planned on riding south to north, I live in Hill City, so meeting here would work, or custer, or wherever.  I figured I'd head our mid morning, say 9 or 10, looks like a 4-5 hr ride.
Josh

plumber mike

I'll be working :'(

Hopefully I can blow off a day later in the week and try the route you planned.

Ride safe and have fun.

Sportfaller

i can understand working.  i'll post a ride report
Josh