News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

BC in the AM

Started by jacin theis, August 04, 2010, 11:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacin theis

So, as i cant take "the Rally" anymore, we have rented our house and i leave for Kelowna , British Columbia tomorrow morning. Riding the Chief Joseph highway then hope to camp near Seely Lake Mt. Friday will be Glacier and the "Going to the Sun highway". meeting a friend in Fernie BC on friday so we can ride through BC with a couple of ferry crossings thrown in. Will meet my wife and kids in Kelowna on saturday. She awesome for letting me ride there and not sit in the car for three day there.

hope to do some dual sport when we get the hills back in a couple of weeks.

Will try to post some pics when i return.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

loingrader

have a fun safe ride.  chief joseph is one of my favorite roads.  enjoy.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

sleddog

Quote from: jacin theis on August 04, 2010, 11:48:37 AM
So, as i cant take "the Rally" anymore, we have rented our house and i leave for Kelowna , British Columbia tomorrow morning. Riding the Chief Joseph highway then hope to camp near Seely Lake Mt. Friday will be Glacier and the "Going to the Sun highway". meeting a friend in Fernie BC on friday so we can ride through BC with a couple of ferry crossings thrown in. Will meet my wife and kids in Kelowna on saturday. She awesome for letting me ride there and not sit in the car for three day there.

hope to do some dual sport when we get the hills back in a couple of weeks.

Will try to post some pics when i return.

I'm sure your friend knows butt, the road from Nakusp to Vernon is rated as one of the top 5 motobike roads in North America!
If you go be sure to stop at the Gas Station just before getting on the ferry at Nakusp. BC is a beautiful place to ride. I have a good friend that lives in Kelowna too!

Have Fun & be Safe

Sleddog

jacin theis

Thanks fo rthe wishes. I have always wanted to ride the chief joseph, but am more excited about the going to the sun highway.  My freind did tell me that the raod from Nakusp was great, but now i wont want to stop until i'm on it. Hope you all have a great two weeks. Ride safe!
1100 GS

Hank

Have a great time..  I'm very jealous!   I'm not sure about Chief Joseph, but I've ridden over Going to the Sun Highway ~ 4  times.  It's absolutely splendid!

Sportfaller

I'm headed out for the beartooths and chief Joseph the 19th. Been there before, but last time was on my super sport.  the GSA will be a good ride.
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

The Yeti

I've never been on the Going To The Sun road, but I always have visions of a stuck throttle and me flying through the air to my death!   :o
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

jacin theis

So, after 3,300 miles, multiple passes, 2 ferry crossings and a ticket, i made it back. Chief Joseph was beautiful, but both it and Highway to the Sun are under construction, so speeds are SLOW, and the roads are tough. Perfect for you GS Sportfaller.  If anyone has a chance, the roads around Nakusp, British Columbia are the best i have ever driven or ridden. Canada builds some of the best roads along rivers and lakes. Will try to post pics soon. Spent more time riding than shooting though. Met a lot of HD's on the ride there and back, must have been a nice sized rally. Glad i missed it. See you all at the fall DS rally. Cheers!
1100 GS