News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

super tenere

Started by Dr Psyko, October 10, 2010, 05:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacin theis

Doesnt matter how close the dealer is if they dont stock parts. It seems to be the new buisness model for everyone to order invnetory as needed. I understand, as i manage a warehouse, but with the short riding season we have, it would be nicve to pickup parts when you need them. That being said, if we all go buy a Tenere, they would have more reason to have parts on hand. I am sure my wife would understandf if i purchased a new bike to help you all out.... ;D  Guess thats why most of us have backup bikes. Right Mike!
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Scoobynut

Quote from: jacin theis on August 08, 2011, 07:22:47 AM
Doesnt matter how close the dealer is if they dont stock parts. It seems to be the new buisness model for everyone to order invnetory as needed. I understand, as i manage a warehouse, but with the short riding season we have, it would be nicve to pickup parts when you need them. That being said, if we all go buy a Tenere, they would have more reason to have parts on hand. I am sure my wife would understandf if i purchased a new bike to help you all out.... ;D  Guess thats why most of us have backup bikes. Right Mike!

You make a fair point, Jacin.  I've never had to wait more than a week for parts with my local guy, but in the end, I'm hoping the Yamaha label will mean less trips to the dealer, period (knocking on wood, don't want to jinx myself).  By all means, tell your wife we all gave you permission to get a new bike.  Women love surprises, right?!?!   :evil

Hank

Sweet bike!    That's a beauty.

Scoobynut

Thanks Hank!  Will post another picture soon once I get the hard luggage installed.  Headin' to Red Lodge for the Beartooth Beemers Rally Aug. 18th, should be interesting to see how the BMW guys react to the bike.   ???

Scoobynut

Photos with hard luggage installed -- OEM Yamaha cases:

greatbuffalo

That is sweet. I was looking over some of the reviews on youtube and think this just may be my next big bike, but a small one needs to come first. But that time there may be a few of these on the used market.

I'd love to take one for ride. That engine configuration sounds very effective.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Scoobynut

Quote from: greatbuffalo on August 11, 2011, 05:45:04 AM
That is sweet. I was looking over some of the reviews on youtube and think this just may be my next big bike, but a small one needs to come first. But that time there may be a few of these on the used market.

I'd love to take one for ride. That engine configuration sounds very effective.

Great Buff, yeah, I really should have something smaller than the KLR or Tenere myself.  If you're ever in the 'hood or I'm down your way you're welcome to take the S-10 for a spin.

The motor has a very unique character.  Very torquey in the midrange, but seems like it will rev very quickly too (haven't spun it up too high yet on the break-in).  Also has what I would call a 'thrummy' smoothness, kind of reminds me of a subaru boxer in some ways.  The sound is also pretty unique, hard to describe really, kind of a mix of more agricultural inline twin type sounds and exotic, whirling, thumping and shrieking sounds if that makes sense.  However you'd describe it, it does have power to spare.   ;)

The Yeti

Damn Scooby, that is one beautiful bike! Congrats!

If you bring the Tenere to the rally, I'll bring my GS and we can ride the easy stuff alone.  ;D
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

jacin theis

I sat one one at Sturgis BMW-Yamaka. Wow! its comfy, and feels more "offroad" than my GS. I like the size. I wonder how soon there will be some used ones out there all farkled up.   hhhhmmmmm
1100 GS

loingrader

Quote from: The Yeti on August 15, 2011, 11:57:08 AM
If you bring the Tenere to the rally, I'll bring my GS and we can ride the easy stuff alone.  ;D

if you guys don't want to be lonely on the easy stuff i'll just ride out on the 83 silverwing.  it does pretty good on dirt and no amount of crashes will make it any uglier.  may need to find some knobbies for it first.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

Quote from: loingrader on August 15, 2011, 02:54:51 PM
If you bring the Tenere to the rally, I'll bring my GS and we can ride the easy stuff alone.  ;D

if you guys don't want to be lonely on the easy stuff i'll just ride out on the 83 silverwing.  it does pretty good on dirt and no amount of crashes will make it any uglier.  may need to find some knobbies for it first.

Silverwing would be something to see offroad. And you don't need no knobbies, I don't have any on my GS yet. You'd miss Barbie though, wouldn't you??
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Scoobynut

Damn Scooby, that is one beautiful bike! Congrats!

If you bring the Tenere to the rally, I'll bring my GS and we can ride the easy stuff alone.  ;D

Thanks, Yeti.  I'd consider bringing it to the rally, but I will need further clarification on what exactly 'easy stuff' means.  I suspect your definition differs wildly from my own.   ;D

Scoobynut

Quote from: The Yeti on August 15, 2011, 03:03:56 PM
Quote from: loingrader on August 15, 2011, 02:54:51 PM

Silverwing would be something to see offroad. And you don't need no knobbies, I don't have any on my GS yet. You'd miss Barbie though, wouldn't you??

Dude, if you ride that Silverwing the same places I ride the Tenere, well, I'm gonna sell it right after the rally -- not sure I could bear the shame of it all!

jacin theis

I definatley want pics of the Silverwing on the easy stuff. We could talk about that for years. might make a good recruitment tool.
1100 GS

JoniJo

Hey Scoobynut....
I dare 'ya.....I double dog dare 'ya....
Think you can get that Tenere dirty, muddy or put a scratch on it?
How about dusty???
.....I didn't think so.......  ;D

.....wish I had one   :'(     Joni
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson