News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Riding this weekend 11/6/10

Started by Sportfaller, November 05, 2010, 05:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportfaller

come on folks, is 'sposed to be 75 tomorrow.  who is in for riding?  woods are a mess, i planned or stickin to the paved stuff...  shoot me a call or text four three one-zero one one four
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

jacin theis

i couldnt make it today, but i would really like to try part of all of pilot knob tommorrow on my GS. any one up for it? we could meet at Nemo, or in rapid and ride out. I am up for other rides as well, just looking to do a bit more than gravel rodes if it works out. Today got me excited. my wife even rode her bike across town with me for an errand. Cool. if anyone is up for it give me a text or email. Jacin 545-one six five eight
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

flexlarson

Someone call me if you wanna ride. Ive been hitting the NEMO area allot. I went thurs for about 5 hours. Trail conditions are great.
I also went and hit up trails over by Rockerville on the DAKAR. Fun area but not to challenging. I might not have been in right area.
"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
... it gets harder before it gets hard.... Get up here..

jacin theis

look at the determination on Mike's face......
1100 GS

jacin theis

Phot op, plus a rest stop after Pilots Knob
1100 GS

jacin theis

we crossed it on the "pig" GS. wasnt as bad as i thought. Woudln't have been fun if i dropped it off the edge though..... Thanks for the ride Mike!
1100 GS

Sportfaller

I got a great loop of high speed pavement in saturday, bout 250 miles, VERY little traffic ment killer canyon chasing.  Would have loved to ride again sunday, but had an obligation.  I dont think the GSA would do very well without knobbies on pilots knob anyway.... cant wait for my K-60's to get over the ocean!
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

plumber mike

A KTM 950 with no bags has been over the "Knob", but a fat pig GS with bags (The 1100, the fatest fat pig of 'em all) He can ride!

We met at the Sugar Shack(Thanks for breakfast!)

Mandatory stop after breakfast at the "Shack" ;D

Let's do this

I've been "thumping" my thumper too hard. It'll get torn down once the snow flies.

Good times. You all missed it :'(

Apologies to Dave from Rapid for not returning your call :-[ Thanks for the invite a few weeks ago.

Bogus Jim

I have to say, taking a 1100 GS over the south end of Pilot Knob is pretty impressive. That's got to be one of the biggest bikes that's ever gone down that trail. Hats off to Jacin.  :o

plumber mike

Quote from: BogusJim on November 09, 2010, 10:10:30 PM
I have to say, taking a 1100 GS over the south end of Pilot Knob is pretty impressive. That's got to be one of the biggest bikes that's ever gone down that trail. Hats off to Jacin.  :o

X2

He made it look pretty easy too 8)

jacin theis

I did spend a little time last night beating the dents out of my skid plate.... Not a lot of clearance on a GS. Wish i had Mikes Xcountry. that bike looks like a blast on the rode and trail. we need to get together and ride more. Mike and i only spent a few hours out together, but it was enough to ge my "fix" for the week. I love riding!
1100 GS

Lonesome Dave

WOW, I can't believe he actually rode that thing thru pilots kn....................wait a minute,...... wait just a minute............ I've been looking closer at these photos and realized not once did I see Jacin.  Oh sure, I saw a stunt rider guy with his back to the camera riding through a mud hole, but not once did I actually see Jacin.  I saw a GS parked but no rider, no Jacin.  ???
Then I remembered, I saw a helecopter flying around above the hills this past weekend.  I thought it was carrying a red water bucket for putting out fires, but I now know what it was............a red GS being dropped in the Pilots Knob area for a photo shoot.  Now the question is, did Mike create this conspiracy on his own to impress KLR owners or was Jacin in on it too?  Besides, the week before I saw a couple riding a Gold Wing on Pilots Knob.  They said their skid plate bumped a couple of times but they made it through okay and they didn't fly it in! :o

Seriously Jacin, as both a KLR and a Tdub owner I can't decide if I was more impressed or realized how crazy you are!!!
Thanks for the post.  Lonesome Dave
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Hank

The Yeti

I never did get up the guts to take the 950 over it.....props to Jacin!

And don't forget that last year, Brian took some poor sole over The Knob on a Vstrom, sans skidplate!   :o

"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Dratharr

Is pilots knob on the Centenial trail? I rode a trail this summer that went up to the top of a ridge with a powerline on it, it looked like they have been doing a lot of work to the trail recutting it in sections it was out of Nemo, took a right on Box Elder Creek road and it seems like it was on the centenial trail, that sign looks familiar. I really need to get a map, I never know where I am when I am riding in the hills, the nice thing is it is pretty hard to get lost!