Author Topic: Tool rolls  (Read 2109 times)

Jared

« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 01:26:22 AM by AquaTop »

Jared

Re: Tool rolls
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 10:19:25 PM »
I'm up in Billings for a few days, and stopped by a couple of Army Navy Surplus stores.

Found this at one for $5 ---

It's heavy canvas and looks like it might be German surplus?  It was the only one I found and it was in the bargain bin.

The other store had these for $7 --

It looks like new production, Asian-made likely.  It's a thinner, Cordura-type material.  They had green and black.  If anyone wants me to pick one up while I"m still in town lemme know.

Jared

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 12:38:57 AM »
The canvas one was just too bulky as I feared it would be.

The nylon one worked out really well, and fit in the Ag tool tube nicely!  I stopped by Sundance Equipment and they had an extra canister that was a take-off from a piece of equipment they'd already sold off, so I got it free!
Need to figure out a mount for it now.  It "kinda" fits on the left side under the panel ... I'm a bit worried about clearing the tire if they suspension is fully compressed, but I won't really be able to tell 'til I get it mounted up there and can bounce it around.  I think I just need a U-bolt that will fit around the frame towards the rear, and then a single bolt up front - there's a little tab that will be perfect to drill at, it's like a retaining clip for the inner fender I think.  Pics when I finish! 8)

Jud

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 04:12:43 PM »
This one holds enough stuff serve as my main travel tool kit.
http://www.roadgear.com/index.php?page=Categories&id=&sub_id=28