News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Tool rolls

Started by Jared, August 17, 2008, 12:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared

I'm up in Billings for a few days, and stopped by a couple of Army Navy Surplus stores.

Found this at one for $5 ---

It's heavy canvas and looks like it might be German surplus?  It was the only one I found and it was in the bargain bin.

The other store had these for $7 --

It looks like new production, Asian-made likely.  It's a thinner, Cordura-type material.  They had green and black.  If anyone wants me to pick one up while I"m still in town lemme know.

Jared

The canvas one was just too bulky as I feared it would be.

The nylon one worked out really well, and fit in the Ag tool tube nicely!  I stopped by Sundance Equipment and they had an extra canister that was a take-off from a piece of equipment they'd already sold off, so I got it free!
Need to figure out a mount for it now.  It "kinda" fits on the left side under the panel ... I'm a bit worried about clearing the tire if they suspension is fully compressed, but I won't really be able to tell 'til I get it mounted up there and can bounce it around.  I think I just need a U-bolt that will fit around the frame towards the rear, and then a single bolt up front - there's a little tab that will be perfect to drill at, it's like a retaining clip for the inner fender I think.  Pics when I finish! 8)

Jud