News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Let the planning begin

Started by Hank, December 10, 2010, 08:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacin theis

Seems like Yeti would be the perfect spotter for everyone in Camp 5. He can tell you where no to go.  ::)
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

fringefan

I found a couple other trails he might like that are not nearly as flat as camp 5.

loingrader

sounds good chad.  we may have to make it a KLR only trail though to cut down on the carnage and injuries.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

fringefan

Quote from: loingrader on March 07, 2011, 04:06:40 PM
sounds good chad.  we may have to make it a KLR only trail though to cut down on the carnage and injuries.

I knew you would be game ;D 

plumber mike

The "roll eyes/these guys are too much" smiley is not working ???

Hank

The software is designed so that it won't permit the use of that particular smiley in a manner disrespectful to KLR owners/comments.

Or maybe it's just broken and has never worked right.   :P

Wacked

Hank -

I'm planning on being there.

Don't know if I'll do the tent or the cabin thing.  When do we need to let you know or is this something we arrange directly with FNF?

Wacked

Hank

Hey Brad, when the date gets closer we'll do an official sign up thread, and one of us (Yeti?) will warn the FnF!

Hope we can ride out together again!  You on the TA again or has that been converted to a diesel by now?

Hank

Doh, sorry just read the Moab thread.  Congrats on the move and DRZ!

Wacked

Hank -

It's sad....  I've had ZERO time in my shop this past winter as I've had to stay focused on house projects so we could wrap up this spring and put it on the market.  So no diesel TA.  No DRZ up-grades. 

The next TA project is to paint and mount the rebuilt fairing.

The next DRZ project is to install a manual cam chain tensioner and some plating.  I did, however, find a couple of minutes to build a cushy touring seat to replace that nasty plank that came on it.

Wacked

The Yeti

Quote from: Hank on March 27, 2011, 08:28:25 PM
Hey Brad, when the date gets closer we'll do an official sign up thread, and one of us (Yeti?) will warn the FnF!

Hope we can ride out together again!  You on the TA again or has that been converted to a diesel by now?

FnF is warned and ready for us!  I'll post up the sign-up thread very soon.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

greatbuffalo

Hey all,
I'm new to the group and would love to join you all on this rally. My concern is the difficulty of the terrain to be ridden and wondering if there are others that ride large adventure touring machines. I have recently taken ownership of a Triumph Tiger and this would be the machine I would be riding. I'm a pretty fair rider but a machine this size has its limits as do the Anakee tires on it.
Am hoping in the future, maybe next year to land a KLR for these more dualsport adventures.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Sportfaller

I ride a GS adventure, so I'm not getting to wild with it (yet)
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

loingrader

Quote from: greatbuffalo on April 04, 2011, 11:59:26 PM
a machine this size has its limits as do the Anakee tires on it.

there are usually groups that hit different types of trail depending on their craziness and the bikes they are riding.  bring your triumph.  you will have a blast, guaranteed. 
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro