News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

KLX 250s

Started by Dr Psyko, February 25, 2011, 08:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Psyko

I have a "hand shake" agreement with a local here in the cities to buy his 06 KLX 250s for 2500.00. He's looking for a DRZ 400. Looking for a bike for my youngest son to learn to ride, and a fun second bike to screw around on. I know a couple of you have these. Anything to look out for? This one has about 5K miles and no modifications (wierd). Any "first" things to change over? (No, Joni, he's not ready for the 330!)
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

loingrader

you know my sister beth has one and loves it.  i've spent quite a bit of time on it too and it is a very capable bike.  i'm not sure how tall or heavy your son it.  the klx sits high but can be lowered several inches by adjusting the rear shock spring and sliding the front forks up in the triple trees a bit. 

another fyi is that at 70mph bucking a headwind in 4th gear with a 200 pound rider you will run out of gas pretty quick!

i'm sure you will love it and the price isn't too shabby either.

i'm a pretty big fan of skid plates on any bike that gets ridden out in the hills.

can't say enough about the skid plate and other klx products from these guys. 

http://www.bandbmoto.com/Home_Page.php
a little more coin but made in the USA and it shows!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

JoniJo

Keeping it simple.....
I really like the KLX250. It's a little underpowered but that's not a bad thing for a "new" rider or just putting around.
The first 3 "inexpensive" things I'd do are:
Drop the front sprocket from a 13 tooth to a 12.
Open up the airbox. Believe it or not I just took the top off of the airbox. God help me If I go down in 3 feet of water.  :-\
Rejet as necessary.
It's a good scoot. I think you'd enjoy it!!!   Joni-Personal friend of THE Malcomb Smith

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-KAWASAKI-KLX250-S-KLX-250-S-DUAL-SPORT-NEW-/180626558627?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item2a0e2e8ea3
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson