News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Official Sign-Up Thread

Started by The Yeti, April 05, 2011, 12:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

If there is anyone riding in from parts East and would like someone to ride with let me know. I will be leaving from Mitchell so if you are in the area or East we could meet up and ride. Let me know I may start a thread if there is any interest.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Scoobynut

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:  Scoobynut
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 1, slight possibility of 1 or 2 others
DATE ARRIVING: June 16
DATE LEAVING: June 19
TENT OR RV: Cabin
SIZE OF RV: --
NUMBER OF TENTS: --

I'm interested in reserving the "Miners Shack."   Please let me know if I can rent this cabin.  Please, no sniping because an old man wants to stay in a cabin.  I only stay in tents when there is no other option.   ;D

JoniJo

Count me in!!!!!!!!! I just booked the "Sitting Bull" room for the 16th, 17th and 18th.  ;D  Driving back to Omaha on the 19th.
In case some of you don't like sleeping on the ground like me, these are neat "smallish" rooms ($35/night) that sleep 2-3 with a main bathroom down the hall. I think it's a pretty good deal!
Can't wait to see all you neat folks and do some ridin'. I'll bring the Tylenol      ;)                    Joni     

P.S. Jeff is coming out with me but he won't be riding.   ::)
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

The Yeti

Quote from: agspecialties on April 07, 2011, 07:46:24 PM
Yeti
The hauler is 30' long. Does the site have water and sewer and power?

Water & Power at all sites, sewer at some, waste dump on grounds.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

The Yeti

Quote from: Scoobynut on April 07, 2011, 09:25:35 PM

I'm interested in reserving the "Miners Shack."   Please let me know if I can rent this cabin.  Please, no sniping because an old man wants to stay in a cabin.  I only stay in tents when there is no other option.   ;D

Hey Scooby!  You'll have to rent your own cabin.  Call the FnF ASAP!

Scoobynut

Quote from: The Yeti on April 08, 2011, 11:02:43 AM
Quote from: Scoobynut on April 07, 2011, 09:25:35 PM

Hey Scooby!  You'll have to rent your own cabin.  Call the FnF ASAP!
Yeti, thanks.  Before you replied, I had already called and emailed them, so hopefully something will be available along those lines.  Lookin' forward to meeting you all!

Hank

I'm sure I'm in.  But I have no idea of how many or when yet ;)

Scoobynut

Little Log cabin rented for 16th, 17th and 18th.   Looking forward to it!

grubbie

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Rob/Grubbie
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 2
DATE ARRIVING: 6-16
DATE LEAVING: 6-19
TENT OR RV: RV....electric and water will be fine
SIZE OF RV: 21'
NUMBER OF TENTS: 0

I'm no mx racer, but I had fun on some of the more challenging trails. If there is anyone else who just likes fire roads, gravel roads, etc., that is what my wife enjoys, so we take a lot of easy rides as well. Would love to have some company!

loingrader

I'm planning on having my sister on her klx250 as well as my brother with his wife on the back of a KLR5650 so we will be doing the scenic non challenging routes again this rally too grubbie.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

Hmmm....maybe I'll bring the GS this time around and do some easy two-up rides with the wife.  Would definitely keep me off the rough stuff!   ;D

loingrader

Quote from: The Yeti on April 25, 2011, 12:04:50 PM
Would definitely keep me off the rough stuff!   ;D

and hopefully out of the heli too.  :D
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

greatbuffalo

With my big Tiger I won't be doin anything too tough either..........unless someone dares me  ;D ;D ;D
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Scoobynut

I'm fairly new to this dual-sport thing so I'm happy on the easy stuff.  I might be up for a moderately challenging ride too for a change of pace.  I wouldn't normally say that, but a buddy who's an experienced hare-scrambles racer took me out to the Big Horns a couple years ago and got me way out my comfort zone (whether I liked it or not) and somehow I didn't crash or injure myself which did give me some confidence in my ability.  But I'd never claim to be a 'great' or even good, off-road rider.  My buddy, Dave, will be joining us too, and he's happy with the two-track and gravel stuff too.  I'm sure that whatever rides we go on, it'll be a good time.   ;) 

The Yeti

Seems like the majority of our group is now in the "prefer it easier" crowd as opposed to the "prefer it crazier" crowd (you know who you are!  :evil ). This is just fine by me!  I think I may have got most of the desire to get crazy on my bike out of my system the last couple of seasons...notice I said "most".   ;) :evil