News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Official Sign-Up Thread

Started by The Yeti, April 05, 2011, 12:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loingrader

Quote from: numb41 on April 28, 2011, 09:23:57 PM
i cant turn down the chance to race a 50hp mower!

you should try a 160hp motorcycle (eh hank?)

hope you can make it out Foster!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Osnabrock

I ordered my trail permit and map last week.  It just arrived in the post today.
I like the new maps.  They seem a lot easier to read.  They only sent me the map for the North half but it should suffice since that's primarily where we stayed last year.
I'm set to go.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

greatbuffalo

Will there be anyone there if I arrive on the 16th. I'm thinking I want to just take my time and go out on Thursday. That way I may get first dibs on a prime camping spot. ;D ;D ;D
That way I could have all day Friday for riding with whoever will be there.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

The Yeti

Quote from: greatbuffalo on May 06, 2011, 11:29:25 PM
Will there be anyone there if I arrive on the 16th. I'm thinking I want to just take my time and go out on Thursday. That way I may get first dibs on a prime camping spot. ;D ;D ;D

According to the "IN LIST", there will be 11 of us there on the 16th!  Might even get a late afternoon ride in!  ;D

Mrs. Yeti & I plan on showing up shortly after noon on the 16th.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Hank

Put me on the official IN list as well.   I'll probably ride out early Friday.

Dr Psyko

Jake, my brother and I will be there as well. Hopefully Friday afternoon.
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

Wacked

Yeti -

I would like on the "IN" list also. 

Plan to be out there late on the 16th.  Would like a tent site nights of 16th, 17th, and 18th.

Absolutely cannot wait!

Wacked

NDave

North Dakota boys will be there    HOWEVER being as gerry and I (dave)  are both hiatus from employment we talked about showing up a week early + or not   
David and Dale could show later   RV site and tent likley needed

The Yeti

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout!  Up to 23 confirmed attendees!   ;D

Hey NDave, can you let me know how many tent and RV sites you will need, along with the size of each RV? Thanks!

Unless of course you are coming way early and are booking your own sites.

Personally, I'm still on the fence as to what bike to bring - spent a couple hours on some fire roads 2-up on Sunday...not really too impressed with the dirt-worthy-ness of the GSA (2up at least).  (Keep in mind, my other bike is a WRR.   ;) )  Don't think the wife was really into the dirt either, but I could be wrong.

Might just need some suspension adjustments...haven't got into that yet!

Dr Psyko

Yeti, this is a conundrum. The GS might keep you at speeds more in my category (self preservation motive, Super-ego), but the WR could represent confronting your fears and claiming your "dark side" or Id. What would Freud do? Smoke another cigar.

Hank

Dr. P, what is your flight plan?   Coming through or near Watertown?

Bogus Jim

QuotePersonally, I'm still on the fence as to what bike to bring

If you bring the GSA, this video has some off-road riding tips for 1200-class bikes...   ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClDiCbBwk54

The Yeti

Quote from: BogusJim on May 09, 2011, 07:40:43 PM
QuotePersonally, I'm still on the fence as to what bike to bring

If you bring the GSA, this video has some off-road riding tips for 1200-class bikes...   ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClDiCbBwk54

Awesome vid!  Never seen an HP2 at Erzberg...I would expect it to be a monster hill-climber.  Can't help but notice that I didn't see them picking throug Karl's Diner though...??   8)

Looks like all I need are some knobbies for the GS and I'll be good to go!   :evil ;D

Dr Psyko

Hank, not sure yet of the big plan. I'll let you know if we are coming through Watertown...

The Yeti

Quote from: greatbuffalo on May 06, 2011, 11:29:25 PM

Now we have 14 riders showing up on the 16th.  ;D  I'm down for a late afternoon/early evening ride on Thursday...could collect firewood or something!   :o

Not really, that's frowned upon by our lovely hosts at the FnF....

;D

That was an awesome bonfire that year though!