News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Official Sign-Up Thread

Started by The Yeti, April 05, 2011, 12:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

Quote from: The Yeti on May 23, 2011, 10:54:21 PM
This is the current color version that they have online only.  I guess I just assumed it's up-to-date.

Don't really matter to me, I ain't goin' nowhere near that place!   :o ;D

LOL... yea, there are demons there. Broke my hand in that same area on my 300 ::)
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

hipster

I'm in!  I'll be riding out there with Twin Headlight Ernie, we'll be camping and should arrive Thursday evening.  Looking forward to riding with you guys again.     

hipster

Quote from: hipster on May 27, 2011, 06:08:08 AM
I'm in!  I'll be riding out there with Twin Headlight Ernie, we'll be camping and should arrive Thursday evening.  Looking forward to riding with you guys again.     

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Tom/Hipster & Ernie/Twin Headlight Ernie
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 2
DATE ARRIVING: 6/17, late PM
DATE LEAVING: 6/19
TENT OR RV: Tent
NUMBER OF TENTS: 2

Hank

Glad you're coming hipster.   Are you coming through Watertown?

How long did it take everyone to get their permit in the mail?  I haven't ordered yet.

hipster

Hi Hank,

No, we'll be taking the southerly route, hwy 34/14 across the state.

Osnabrock

Hank, my permit came in about 4 days if I remember correctly.  It comes from some place on the East coast if I remember correctly.  I almost threw it out thinking it was junk mail. 
Hipster, glad you're making it out again.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

The Griz

Quote from: The Yeti on May 20, 2011, 05:09:26 PM
Quote from: The Griz on May 20, 2011, 01:38:18 PM
I'm in for 16,17, and 18. Tent.

Welcome Griz, got you down!  Care to offer an introduction?? Where you from, what you ride, etc.   ;D

Oops, I didn't do things properly:

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Jeff / The Griz
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 1
DATE ARRIVING: 16
DATE LEAVING: 19
TENT OR RV: Tent
SIZE OF RV: NA
NUMBER OF TENTS: 1

I grew up in Bismarck, ND. I've lived in Minneapolis, MN for 8 years now. Started riding motorcycles only a few years ago... 2007 I think??? Got into it fast though. Love it. Had a 2007 KLR650, then a 2008 KLR650.... I now have a 2009 BMW F800GS and a 2010 BMW G450X. More than likely I will be trailering out with my G450X since it is a serious enduro/off-road machine and I'd like to explore some single track in the Black Hills. I can't wait!

2009 BMW F800GS
2010 BMW G450X

loingrader

for those purchasing trail use tags once you get to the hills...

Most of the forest service places close at 5pm on Friday (Spearfish).  The one in Rapid is open on Saturday but the one near Pactola is open 7 days a week.  So if you don't get your tags by 5pm on Friday and don't want to ride to Rapid, Pactola is not terribly far away and it's a fun ride, on dirt or pavement. 

FYI.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Lawritz Mann

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Larry / Lawritz Mann
DATE ARRIVING: 16th
DATE LEAVING: 19th
TENT OR RV: tent
SIZE OF RV:

Dr Psyko

Sorry, havn't been paying attention. We need special pernits to ride on the trails? If so, how do I get them?
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

loingrader

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

Quote from: Lawritz Mann on June 07, 2011, 06:41:59 AM
NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Larry / Lawritz Mann
DATE ARRIVING: 16th
DATE LEAVING: 19th
TENT OR RV: tent
SIZE OF RV:

Welcome Larry!  Got you on the IN list....care to introduce yourself a bit??  See this forum:

http://dev.dakotadualsportriders.com/smf/index.php?board=7.0

"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Hank

Got my permit.  I didn't see instructions on where to mount?  Do they care?

Bogus Jim

Quote from: HankGot my permit.  I didn't see instructions on where to mount?  Do they care?

I'm wondering the same thing. Thought I'd read that the permit must be mounted where "visible when riding" but I can't find that web page now. I feel like mounting it on the bottom of the skid plate but that probably won't fly.

Lonesome Dave

I happen to talk with hayduke.klr07 several weeks ago. (works for the forest service) He mounted it on the left side so it could be seen as you passed another rider on the trail, mainly the "trail police".  So that's where I mounted mine.  However, I'm not going to stick that big ugly over-sized orange sticker on my scooter.  So I cut a circle out of the middle with all the info on it and stuck it on the side.  Still don't like it, but its smaller!
Older - Wiser - Faster !