News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Canisterectomy, SAS removal and H2W jetting

Started by Hank, August 19, 2008, 10:23:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

Alan,  Here's the pile that came off my bike.   I can help you through this process remotely, or hands on if we can get together.

The Yeti

Jason,

Thanks again for the offer!

Let's see if we can get a tech day set up before the September ride, then we'll go from there.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

fringefan

Wow that is allot of stuff. You always hear guys say the engineers that build these things are smarter than most of us which might be true but I am always amazed at the stuff guys come up with to make their bikes more reliable and run better.

Hank

This crap is all to meet EPA emission standards, including the super strict California stds.    What it is in reality is a load of carp feces that gives you many more potential problems and a bike that doesn't run as well as it should.

Credit for the "carp feces" description goes to cpmodem, ruler of all things KTM (see advrider)

Hank

There is some debate about the necessity of removing the cats with SAS removal, but I would do it to get rid of the heat if nothing else.   I don't think de-catting the stock cans is very hard.

excess

Quote from: Hank on August 19, 2008, 10:23:27 AM
Alan,  Here's the pile that came off my bike.   I can help you through this process remotely, or hands on if we can get together.

i could probably use a little guidance with my h2w if your willing  ;D

Hank

I can try!  I've never touched an SE before but if anything it should be easier than working on an ADV.

excess

Quote from: Hank on May 19, 2009, 02:40:56 PM
I can try!  I've never touched an SE before but if anything it should be easier than working on an ADV.

sweet ill hold you to that j/k  ;D

The Yeti

excess,

If you EVER want to sell that SE, let me know. I know it's well taken care of.  ;)

excess

only if they come out with a 990 SE (fuel injection sorted of course) ;D

excess

my h2w kit came today. with a little luck i'll get to do some riding this weekend without all the popping and backfiring :)

The Yeti

Hope the H2W sorts your issue....I plan on riding a lot this weekend, looks like the weather's gonna be pretty nice. Let me know if you wanna get together for a bit.

Hank

Did you add the pre-filter too?   I think its a crtical part of the H2W kit.
Mine ran great after installing it.

excess

i got the prefilter with the kit just gotta install now and i'll be ready to ride. Yeti if i get this put together i'll pm you or give you a call we can meet up somewhere.

The Yeti

Good luck with the install, from what I've read doesn't sound too complicated. 

Just to be clear, I can't ride today...unless I get A LOT of shit done before lunch.  ;D  But I'll be out riding Sat and Sun for sure.