News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Canisterectomy, SAS removal and H2W jetting

Started by Hank, August 19, 2008, 10:23:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

excess

yeah i figured you meant this weekend.

hank if you are reading this i have a question. I read the how-to forum on advrider and am a bit confused about measuring the float clearance where exactly do i measure? and did you have to make any adjustments there?
thanks

Hank

Float clearance?   Float level?    I didn't change anything w/ the float level and i've never heard the term float clearance.

It could be right.. I just don't know what it means...

excess

it's from here around page 26 ;D
http://www.ktm950.info/how/carbs/Jetting/h2w_kit.html
did you use a different set of instructions?
i could be misreading something though.
Thanks for the quick response

The Yeti

I just looked through some of that HOW article and I take back what I said earlier...that DOES NOT look easy!  :o   ;D
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Hank

They are setting the float level.  I didn't even look at mine to tell you the truth, but it certainly would be good to get it right.
You are measuring from the bottom of the carb body (bowl removed) to the bottom of the float.   Of course as you are holding it (upside down) it its the top of the float.   Does that make sense? 

You would bend the little tab on the float that opens and closes the needle to adjust if needed.   Just be really careful when you bend that!

Now would really be a good time to do the canisterectomy too if you're into it that far.    And remove the SAS crap.

Its a pretty involved process (much like any maintenance on the katoom) but it's not terrible.    Much better the second time around. When I checked my valves this winter I was stripped down past the airbox, carbs out, in less than 2 hrs.

excess

Canisterectomy, SAS removal was done when the akra's went on

Hank

excess

just about got it all put back together ready to go and then on a whim called Ken @ H2W. after talking for awhile he realized two of the jets he sent me weren't right so i tore it apart and am waiting for the two new jets hopefully midweek. For clarification Ken is an awesome guy he could have said nothing and i wouldn't have know but he is gonna rush me out the right jets and he talked to me on saturday for a good half an hour. I would have paid the money just for the education:)
Austin

Hank

excess

i haven't really put it through it's paces but it seems improved in the few miles i put on it. I'll elaborate after i do some real riding. I spent yesterday thrashing about on an old kdx 2 stroke man i miss the old smokers some days. everything was so simple  :'(

loingrader

nothing like the smell of 2 stroke exhaust in the morning.  i've got a 93 kdx200.  what a great trail bike.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro